This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 28, 2010 5:52 PM by 793415 RSS

What is the future vision of JavaHelp comparing with MS Help 3

741903 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi folks,

I am doing researching on building the help system based on legacy system ( winHelp) and trying to move forward. I noticed microsoft have abandoned winhelp support and hlp files are outdated. Looking foreward, seems to me, converting from hlp to chm file is not a definite, sound, robust solustion.

I am digging at JavaHelp and Docs. Noticed html and xml data transformation. This lightened my eyes.

Would any friends here have experience using JavaHelp and would like to share with me? How is the usability and scalability of JavaHelp?

Would any friends here have the same problem I am facing?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: What is the future vision of JavaHelp comparing with MS Help 3
    793415 Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    user8260902 wrote:
    ..I am digging at JavaHelp and Docs. Noticed html and xml data transformation. This lightened my eyes.

Would any friends..
    Well, I'm not your friend (not your enemy either) but willing to comment..
    ..here have experience using JavaHelp..
    There are results of experiments using Java Help as a JWS extension at my site. http://pscode.org/jh/
    ..and would like to share with me? How is the usability and scalability of JavaHelp?
    I found JH quite usable. The only problem was that if the user found the text size too small and increased it, they would need to repeat that size increase with every new help document/link. Not sure what you mean by 'scalability' in this context, but none of the help documents used in the experiments were large.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points