1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 11, 2009 4:49 PM by 796447 RSS

Adding Java download header to html files.

I have a small java script applet I am adding to my website. I don't know Javascript but know enough to add it to my .html document for my website. What I am looking for is what to add to my html file so that if someone opens it and does not have java installed it will prompt them to download and install it (So they can then run the script). Obviously it would need to handle any differences between operating systems and browsers.
        • 1. Re: Adding Java download header to html files.
          davidmanvell wrote:
          I have a small java script applet I am adding to my website.
          No such thing. There's JavaScript, which the browsers have built-in engines to deal with, and then there are Java Applets, which are a different thing and need the Java plugin (JRE) to be able to deal with the Java runtime. But the two are different things altogether.
          I don't know Javascript but know enough to add it to my .html document for my website. What I am looking for is what to add to my html file so that if someone opens it and does not have java installed it will prompt them to download and install it (So they can then run the script). Obviously it would need to handle any differences between operating systems and browsers.
          You don't download javascript engines. The browsers already have them built in. If you are actually designing a Java Applet, then that's another story.