5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2009 9:04 PM by 843789 RSS

if I do not understand how to compile&deploy *.war & *.jar files, I may use

Basically whatever I may do with "JavaBeans", "Servlets" etc (*.java files) , I may also do it the same with JSPs(JSP STANDARD TAG LIBRARY etc tags), so if I do not understand how to compile&deploy *.war & *.jar files , I may use instead the latter way ? yes correct / false
        • 1. Re: if I do not understand how to compile&deploy *.war & *.jar files, I may use
          Totally false.

It would seem that along with working on how to create and deploy WARs you also need to work out what Servlets are and how generally J2EE projects are put together.
          • 2. Re: if I do not understand how to compile&deploy *.war & *.jar files, I may use
            just ask : not by the view of necessity Learning...but any servlet's,...etc job needed to get compile ---may alternatively--> done by javaserverpages(tags) or in my program needed absolutelly the compile job ? (1)needed absolutelly */* (2)not needed=tags can do everything
            • 3. Re: if I do not understand how to compile&deploy *.war & *.jar files, I may use
              lse wrote:
              just ask : not by the view of necessity Learning...but any servlet's,...etc job needed to get compile ---may alternatively--> done by javaserverpages(tags) or in my program needed absolutelly the compile job ? (1)needed absolutelly */* (2)not needed=tags can do everything
              I'm sorry but both your original post and this post just do not make sense. Please spend some time reading http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/ .
              • 4. Re: if I do not understand how to compile&deploy *.war & *.jar files, I may use
                lse wrote:
                I already told you. JSTL is not* a replacement for servlets. JSP is not* a replacement for servlets.

JSP/JSTL is for display. You need to get "things" (beans or otherwise) to display and they come from the servlets.

You need to learn servlets. Period. End of story.
                • 5. Re: if I do not understand how to compile&deploy *.war & *.jar files, I may use
                  sabre150 wrote:
                  lse wrote:
                  I'm sorry but both your original post and this post just do not make sense. Please spend some time reading http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/ .
                  Good advice.

All the same, I don't know if I have been here reading these posts for too long but....
                  Basically whatever I may do with "JavaBeans", "Servlets" etc (.java files) , I may also do it the same with JSPs(JSP STANDARD TAG LIBRARY etc tags), so if I *do not understand how to compile&deploy .war & .jar files , I may use instead the latter way ? yes correct / false
                  Translation:

I don't know how to package or deploy WARs and so all I can do is JSP/JSTL. In this light, is it true that I can just replace Servlets with JSP/JSTL?