5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2002 9:33 AM by 377019 RSS

ORA-01033

Hello,
      I have installed iFS 1.0.8.0 on Oracle 8.1.6
      , Windows NT4 for a couple of months.
      Today, I tried to start iFS but get the following errors:

the javawebserver:

javawebserver: Java Web Server ERROR: Secure Web Service: Cannot create endpoint
      com.sun.server.https.SSLServiceEndpoint: No class definition found for javax/net/ssl/SSLServerSocketFactory
      javawebserver: Java Web Server ERROR: Cannot start Secure Service: No keys file
      javawebserver: Warning: could not perform iFS server warmup.

iFS:

error launching iFS AGENTS
      Consult the following log file for details:
      D:\oracle\ora81\ifs\log\Agents.log
      The error reported was:
      Unable to start iFS ServerManager
      invalid credentials specified

& the same message for the iFS PROTOCOLS

the log file contains the following message:

Mon Jan 22 01:55:58 GMT+02:00 2001
      IfsException in starting ServerManager; FATAL
      oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10620: Unable to construct connection pool
      oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10633: Unable to create library connection
      oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10600: Unable to construct library connection
      java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Server Manager exiting.

I tried again(and again and again...) after
      several minutes, but the same error occurs.
      It seems to be a database problem and have posted it to the oracle8i forum too.

the services currently running are:
      OracleOraHome81TNSListener
      OracleServiceOLYMPIA
      OracleWebAssistant0

Any ideas why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

thanx in advance,
      loukas
      null
        • 1. ORA-01033
          Hello,
          I have installed iFS 1.0.8.0 on Oracle 8.1.6
          , Windows NT4 for a couple of months.
          Today, I tried to start iFS but get the following errors:
          the javawebserver:

javawebserver: Java Web Server ERROR: Secure Web Service: Cannot create endpoint
          com.sun.server.https.SSLServiceEndpoint: No class definition found for javax/net/ssl/SSLServerSocketFactory
          javawebserver: Java Web Server ERROR: Cannot start Secure Service: No keys file
          javawebserver: Warning: could not perform iFS server warmup.
          This looks like you have corrupted your >classpath or lost JAR Files. I think you >may need to re-install iFS to repair the >JWS installation. However see comments below
          before starting down this road.
          iFS:

error launching iFS AGENTS
          Consult the following log file for details:
          D:\oracle\ora81\ifs\log\Agents.log
          The error reported was:
          Unable to start iFS ServerManager
          invalid credentials specified

& the same message for the iFS PROTOCOLS

the log file contains the following message:

Mon Jan 22 01:55:58 GMT+02:00 2001
          IfsException in starting ServerManager; FATAL
          oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10620: Unable to construct connection pool
          oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10633: Unable to create library connection
          oracle.ifs.common.IfsException: IFS-10600: Unable to construct library connection
          java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress
          The database did not come up therefore iFS >could not start. This may be the cause of >the JWS error to, but I doubt it.
          Server Manager exiting.

I tried again(and again and again...) after
          several minutes, but the same error occurs.
          It seems to be a database problem and have posted it to the oracle8i forum too.

OracleServiceOLYMPIA
          OracleWebAssistant0
          Is the Database instance OLYMPIA.... ? Can >you connect to the database using SQLPLUS >with user ifssys and your schema password.
          Any ideas why this is happening and how it can be fixed?
          In general it appears that the database did >not start and there may have been changes >on your environment. Did you install any >new software between the time iFS and >oracle last worked properly and this time
          thanx in advance,
          loukas

null
          • 2. ORA-01033
            This looks like you have corrupted your >classpath or lost JAR Files. I think you >may need to re-install iFS to repair the >JWS installation. However see comments below
            before starting down this road.
            The database did not come up therefore iFS >could not start. This may be the cause of >the JWS error to, but I doubt it.
            OracleServiceOLYMPIA
            OracleWebAssistant0
            Is the Database instance OLYMPIA.... ?
            yes.

Can >you connect to the database using SQLPLUS >with user ifssys and your schema password.

no, i get the ORA-01033 error...
            In general it appears that the database did >not start and there may have been changes >on your environment. Did you install any >new software between the time iFS and >oracle last worked properly and this time
            no, nothing has been installed to the server.

i think i'd better reinstall both the database and the ifs

thanx,
            loukas
            • 3. ORA-01033
              loukas

Before you go down that route try the following:

Use the NT Event Viewer to look for errors reported by the OLYMPIA Service in the NT Event Log.

Try using the NT Services panel to stop the database and then use svrmgr to restart it manually. You may get an error message from database restart that will tell you what the problem is.

If you cannot stop the server from control panel, reconfigure it so that it does not start automatically at boot, then restart the machine. Now try and start it from svrmgr.

This steps may allow you to work out why the database is not starting properly, before you re-install everything.

Good Luck

Mark
              null
              • 4. ORA-01033

Thank you Mark for your (very quick) response,

i tried to connect to the Database as you said but i keep getting messages of insufficient priviledges(with internal or sys).

i looked at the ALRT.log file and the problem was a ORA-1990 error.
                as someone from the 8iLite forum told me it means that the password file is corrupted.

Anyway,
                I don't have any more time, so i've already started the re-installation. Probably all the mess was caused by some problems with the power supply.

Thank you once more,
                loukas
                • 5. Re: ORA-01033
                  Hi I am receiving the same error on Win2K and Oracle 9.2 on my machine. I am not receiving any error messages in my logs and upon restarting my Oracle db service the ORA-01033 error retains upon using my tools to connect to the db.

Phil