5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2008 2:23 PM by 801527 RSS

Converting java to an exe file

Hi

Is there any way i can convert my java app into an exe file?
      That can be run just by double clicking it?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Converting java to an exe file
          PhHein
          Do you see that search box on the left?

<--- That left!

We had so many threads about that topic.

* Search before Posting: Especially if you are in a hurry, you may find that the question has already been asked and answered during the long history of the Forums.
          * Know the basics: Read this FAQ and the basic trails of the Java Tutorial (like Getting Started or Learning the Java Language). If you don't understand the question you are posing, you may not understand the answers.
          * Be thorough and precise: Proofread your question before posting. Describe the steps that you have taken. The more effort you put into researching and describing your problem, the more likely you will get a sincere effort in return.
          * Post a subject line that describes the problem: Experts in your subject may skim right past subject lines like "Urgent" and "Need help ASAP". Use keywords about the technologies instead.
          * Post once and in the right area: Multiple postings are discouraged, because they make the category lists longer and create more email traffic for developers who have placed watches on multiple categories. Because of this, duplicate posts are considered a waste of time and an annoyance to many community members, that is, the people who might help you.
          * Post a problem, not an assignment: Break your assignment down into specific problems that you can ask for help with. Dorm hall lounges may be a better resource if you have a last minute, "urgent" demand for solutions to homework problems.
          * Answer questions as well as asking: You can learn by doing as well as gain respect in the community by being a full participant.

From the forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: Converting java to an exe file
            JustinMuir wrote:
            Is there any way i can convert my java app into
            ... something
            That can be run just by double clicking it?
            You want a jar file.
            • 3. Re: Converting java to an exe file
              I don't now much about converting a java file to an exe.

But for the pourposes you want, here is an URL that will help you out on your tasks.
              http://java.sun.com/developer/Books/javaprogramming/JAR/basics/build.html

If this do not help you, let us know.
              • 4. Re: Converting java to an exe file
                In particular, search for "executable jar".
                • 5. Re: Converting java to an exe file
                  You should take a look at this

[http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/deployment/jar/]