2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2010 4:28 AM by 843802 RSS

Image processing algo support for jai

hello ,

i am processing images in various format through java. for now to implement DCT , IDCT & DWT algorithms on images to compress & decompress i am using JAI.

Now i am stuck with this algorithm implementation with java. Is there any pre-built support for such algorithm in JAI.

can somebody push me towards right directions.

thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Image processing algo support for jai
          Krishs_P wrote:
          Now i am stuck with this algorithm implementation with java. Is there any pre-built support for such algorithm in JAI.
          What exactly does that mean? You cannot see how to progress further or you don't want to do it in Java, but have to do so?

If it is the latter, then you can always do a language that supports a C level interface and do JNI in Java.
          • 2. Re: Image processing algo support for jai
            Hey thanks for reply.
            I am working with image compression algorithms like DCT. I have found it's java implementations over internet.
            now i just want to know if they already implementation for it in JAI or should i have to write my own implementation for such algorithms .
            well I am totally newbie in JAI but used java.awt.image package & it's classes like PixelGrabber to make 8x8 pixel blocks of images. now i want to perform DCT on this image block using JAI.

thanks again.