1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 12, 2010 9:43 AM by captfoss RSS

Voice Identification

Hi,

I need to develop an application that can identify a person who is speaking (via the microphone). So what I need is to allow a number of people to record some sample speech and have my system build up a profile of them. Then if any one of those people speak through the microphone, the system should be able to identify who it is.

Can anybody give me a starting point on this please? Any libraries that have some of this already implemented? (preferably open source but not a requirement).

I am a long time java developer with no experience of dealing with sound however. Any help would be appreciated, even just a link or two to relevant topics or websites.

Many thanks.
      Declan.
        • 1. Re: Voice Identification
          captfoss
          dtarrant wrote:
          Can anybody give me a starting point on this please? Any libraries that have some of this already implemented? (preferably open source but not a requirement).
          These forums are for help with the Java APIs, not for project discussion.
          I am a long time java developer with no experience of dealing with sound however. Any help would be appreciated, even just a link or two to relevant topics or websites.
          The best web site I can offer you is http://scholar.google.com

You can probably do a search for "voice identification" and get hundreds if not thousands of papers with different techniques on how to do voice ID...