System.out.print(tokens.getSpokenText() + " ");
                System.out.println();

// Deallocate the recognizer and exit
                rec.deallocate();
                System.exit(0);
           }

public static void main(String args[]) {
                try {
                     // Create a recognizer that supports English.
                     rec = Central.createRecognizer(
                                         new EngineModeDesc(Locale.ENGLISH));

// Start up the recognizer
                     rec.allocate();

// Load the grammar from a file, and enable it
                     FileReader reader = new FileReader("g.in");
                     RuleGrammar gram = rec.loadJSGF(reader);
                     gram.setEnabled(true);

// Add the listener to get results
                     rec.addResultListener(new HelloWorld());

// Commit the grammar
                     rec.commitChanges();

// Request focus and start listening
                     rec.requestFocus();
                     rec.resume();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                     e.printStackTrace();
                }
           }
      }
      the problem was in the line:

rec.deallocate();
      and the error  :
      * unreported exception javax.speech.EngineException; must be caught or declared to be thrown *
      please help me .... javadev.ah@gmail.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
        • 1. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
          i tried to make rec.deallocate(); as a note then

i had a differen problem about rec.allocate();

the problem is:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at testapi.HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:38)

38: the line of rec.allocate();
          • 2. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
            Welcome to the Sun forums. Your code already shows how to try/catch, here is how to 'declare'.
            import javax.speech.*;
            import javax.speech.recognition.*;
            import java.io.FileReader;
            import java.util.Locale;

public class HelloWorld extends ResultAdapter {
                 static Recognizer rec;

// Receives RESULT_ACCEPTED event: print it, clean up, exit
                 public void resultAccepted(ResultEvent e) 
                           throws EngineException  // declare the exception!
                   {
                      Result r = (Result)(e.getSource());
                      ResultToken tokens[] = r.getBestTokens();

for (int i = 0; i < tokens.length; i++)
                           System.out.print(tokens.getSpokenText() + " ");
                      System.out.println();

// Deallocate the recognizer and exit
                      rec.deallocate();
                      System.exit(0);
                 }

public static void main(String args[]) {
                      try {
                           // Create a recognizer that supports English.
                           rec = Central.createRecognizer(
                                               new EngineModeDesc(Locale.ENGLISH));

// Start up the recognizer
                           rec.allocate();

// Load the grammar from a file, and enable it
                           FileReader reader = new FileReader("g.in");
                           RuleGrammar gram = rec.loadJSGF(reader);
                           gram.setEnabled(true);

// Add the listener to get results
                           rec.addResultListener(new HelloWorld());

// Commit the grammar
                           rec.commitChanges();

// Request focus and start listening
                           rec.requestFocus();
                           rec.resume();
                      } catch (Exception e) {
                           e.printStackTrace();
                      }
                 }
            }
            Edit1:
            Note that unless resultAccepted(ResultEvent) is being called in the last line of the main(), it should not call System.exit(0).

Edited by: AndrewThompson64 on Jul 13, 2009 1:26 AM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
            • 3. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
              hello,

after i add the exception it gave me error saying:

overwride method does not have exception

but the main problem from:
              rec.allocate();
              it gave me problem saying:
              null pointer exception

can any body help me,
              some one told me something abou fix pathes... is that right and how to do it

Edited by: javadev.ah on Jul 12, 2009 10:24 AM
              • 4. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
                I did not notice that it extended something else, and did not realise that that method was overridden. But anyway, in that event, use a try/catch, like the code in main().
                • 5. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
                  thank you about the exception thing I solved as exception on block.... thanks for your help

there is other problem about (( nullpointerexception ))
                  I will post a new question about this
                  hope you help if you know abswer

thanks for your help
                  • 6. Re: problem with jsapi code, please help me
                    hello,

I have the same problem as yours! the null pointer exception ! can you help me plz!