4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2012 4:40 AM by user361652 RSS

Migrating UDAs (User Defined Attributes)

Is it possible to migrate Attribute Groups defined in PIM & Customer Hub modules in Oracle EBS Release 12.1.1? If not provided out of the box, is there a recommended process to build custom objects/APIs and integrate them into iSetup?

Thanks for your help!
        • 1. Re: Migrating UDAs (User Defined Attributes)
          Please track your requirements for migrating 'User Defined Attributes' with the respective functional team.
          Yes, you can build and integrate custom APIs with iSetup 12.1.1. For more information, please refer to metalink notes: 810324.1 & 843397.1.
          --
          Thanks,
          Lokesh
          • 2. Re: Migrating UDAs (User Defined Attributes)
            Thanks Lokesh! Regarding UDAs, we are setting up a bunch a of attribute groups in PIM & Customer Hub which we need to migrate to other instances through iSetup. Are you suggesting that we need to keep track of these and migrate manually? Please clarify.
            • 3. Re: Migrating UDAs (User Defined Attributes)
              I would suggest you to track this migration requirement with the respective functional team (Oracle Projects?). They should be able to provide the iSetup API to migrate the same. Alternatively, you could write your custom api (Fndload LCT) and integrate with iSetup for seamless migration using the notes I referred earlier. Manual migration can be time consuming and error prone, hence I would not recommend it unless it is the last option available.

--
              Thanks,
              Lokesh
              • 4. Re: Migrating UDAs (User Defined Attributes)
                user361652
                Hi Lokesh,

I have the same requirement in oracle projects.
                In my project we have a UDA configuration in oracle projects.
                Functional team have done the setups and they have defined 6 attribute groups related to our requirement.
                My requirement is, we need to migrate these setups from DEV to TEST environment through FNDLOAD.
                Can you let me know how to achieve it through FNDLOAD and what is the LCT file i have use.
                Please provide me some example on this.

Thanks,
                Jana