1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 11, 2009 10:56 AM by DrClap RSS

Can't find bundle for base name Language, locale en_US

My question on internationalization is in regards to a web application & not a desktop app but it is internationalization.

Im building a class so that in all my jsp pages I can call labels with something like <%=rb.getLabel("LBL_INTRO")%>

The class is in com.bis.webapp.resourcebundles

There are servlets ect in the jar when jboss loads it sets the jar with:
      set JBOSS_CLASSPATH=%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%;%WSC_LIB%\webappext.jar

The problem is in the class every time ResourceBundle.+getBundle+("Language", LangLocale) is called I get the dreaded Cant find bundle.

Ive done a hundred iterations of trying to path the getBundle & just cant figure it out. Do I have to load the properties files in the jar? I really dont want to have to rebuild the file everytime there is a language change.

After research here are couple of things I have tried.
      ResourceBundle.+getBundle+("com.bis.webapp.resourcebundles.Language", LangLocale)

ResourceBundle.+getBundle+("com/bis/webapp/resourcebundles/Language", LangLocale)
      ResourceBundle.+getBundle+("webappext/Language", LangLocale)
      ResourceBundle.+getBundle+("rb/Language", LangLocale)
      ResourceBundle.+getBundle+("Language", LangLocale)

Directory structure of site is
      *.ear
      *.war
      WEB-INF
      classes --> Language_en_US.properties
      -------------->Language.properties
      lib -->webappext.jar

The call to getBundle works fine in the JSP page so I know its a pathing issue to the bundle when the class is built into a jar but for the life of me I cant figure out how to tell it where to look. Heck it would be helpful if I could just figure out where its trying to look for the bundle.

Thanks