This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2009 9:22 AM by 843807 RSS

JInitiator & AccessBridge

843807 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I am trying to install the Access Bridge to run with JInitiator. Using the instructions found at:

http://www.oracle.com/accessibility/index.html?faq.html

I can successfully install and use the Access Bridge with JInitiator 1.3.1.8 (using the 1.3.x instructions), however using the 1.1.8.x instructions I can not get Access Bridge to work with JInitiator 1.1.8.16.

Can anyone confirm that Access Bridge WILL work with 1.1.8.x, and if so, which version/instructions shall I use?

I am using Delphi and wrote a DLL interface for AccessBridge 1.0.3, should I be using AccessBridge 1.0.2 instead for 1.1.8.x?

Thanks for any replies,
Jonathan Hills - Knowlege Solutions (UK) Ltd.

• 1. Re: JInitiator & AccessBridge
    843807 Newbie
    Hi Jonathan,
    I see it has been a while since you posted this question and I was wondering if in the meantime you figured out a way to solve this problem?
    I'm having the issue with accessbridge & JInitiator.

I'll appreciate any kind of information you can give me.

Thanks,
    Naomi Ravitz
    AccordSQA
  • 2. Re: JInitiator & AccessBridge
    843807 Newbie
    Hi there,

JAB 1.02 can run with JInitiator 1.1.8.x
    Be carefull when editing the awt.properties file: Remove all blank characters at the end of each line.

Hope this helps.
    Lam
  • 3. Re: JInitiator & AccessBridge
    843807 Newbie
    Hi,

I'm trying to set the text of a controls on TABS (oracle forms using JInitiator), but the access bridge method setTextContents always fails, I can only read/get the text in that control but can't set it i'm using Java Access Bridge for Microsoft Windows, Version 2.0.1
    and Oracle JInitiator 1.3.1.18