3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2009 12:50 AM by EJP RSS

jFrame Class   .  Vs   .   building jFrame in Java Class

Hello all

When i browse for swing code examples on the net, if i want to compile & run them, i must create a new empty java class and paste there.
      But this way, i cant enter the desing mode im able to use when i create a new JFrame class.

But i cant import the code to an existint JFrame class because the code is fixed and cant alter it.

1) How can i import code to a JFrame/Class mantaining the possibility to enter the desing mode?

2) Imagine i have 2 JFrames "windows" with its fixed, automatically generated code, and i want to call JFrame2 from JFrame1, do my work there and then close JFrame1, going back to my initial JFrame1, how can i do it??

CheerS!
        • 1. Re: jFrame Class   .  Vs   .   building jFrame in Java Class
          fdelval wrote:
          ...When i browse for swing code examples on the net, if i want to compile & run them, i must create a new empty java class and paste there.
          But this way, i cant enter the desing mode im able to use when i create a new JFrame class.
          You poor thing. I'd sue someone.
          But i cant import the code to an existint JFrame class because the code is fixed and cant alter it.
          Well shock horror, you might actually need to learn how to code Java GUIs.
          1) How can i import code to a JFrame/Class mantaining the possibility to enter the desing mode?
          You can't. I'd sue someone.
          2) Imagine i have 2 JFrames "windows" with its fixed, automatically generated code, and i want to call JFrame2 from JFrame1, do my work there and then close JFrame1, going back to my initial JFrame1, how can i do it??
          Imagine replacing JFrame2 with a modal dialog and that will probably go better.

Please also fix your sticky '?' key. One '?' denotes a question, while two or more often denotes dweeb.
          • 2. Re: jFrame Class   .  Vs   .   building jFrame in Java Class
            Way to waste your and my time!!!

(triple !, one to remark the useless help, and the 3rd to remark your smartass behaviour)

Example codes are there to be COPIED, so you can learn, its nothing related to make a project solely copying other people's work

I do know how modal dialog windows work, if i would have needed one of these, i wouldnt be asking here for help.

Also, if i ask here its because i didnt have enough with the doc i found

Edited by: fdelval on Oct 7, 2009 4:45 AM
            • 3. Re: jFrame Class   .  Vs   .   building jFrame in Java Class
              EJP
              Blocking your post as it contains personal abuse.