1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 6, 2009 7:14 AM by 843807 RSS

problem in update to database

Dear sir,
      I am making project on library management system using Netbeans 6.1
      in which i am able to connect my databases to the jtable in the frame sucessfully(jtable is used to display records of students who jahave issued the books) but when
      I peform update to database
      using following statements it gives me error that "no suitable driver found for java:derby:lib" in which lib is my database name.
      private void jButton4ActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) {                                         
               String url = "jdbc:derby:lib";
              try {
                     try {
                  } catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {
                      Logger.getLogger(delUI.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
                  Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url,"lib","lib");
                  java.sql.Statement stmt =  con.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE,
                ResultSet srs = stmt.executeQuery("delete * from student where sholarno="+jTextField2.getText());
              } catch (SQLException ex) {
                  Logger.getLogger(delUI.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
      Also i observe that when I build the program the build is succesfull &
      there is one following statement written which says that it is not copying the libraries:

D:\Program Files\glassfish-v2ur2\javadb\lib\derbyclient.jar is a directory or can't be read. Not copying the libraries.
      Building jar: C:\Documents and Settings\super\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\LibMan\dist\LibMan.jar
      Not copying the libraries.

Sir, please help me to solve the above problem . Please tell me that it is not copying the files whether this causes the problem or anything is missing.