8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2010 3:35 AM by 843802 RSS

why loading proxy configuration takes long time?

I have installed JRE 1.6.0_05, after installing this JRE the applets I developed take long time to load, after investigation I found that loading the proxy configuration from the IE takes about 20-30 seconds. and this slow loading happen also with demo applets developed by sun. this slowness kill the performance of my application which it's a web application that contains three applets. one of these applets loads behind the scenes (The user doesn't see that there is an applet loading now, imagine that you press submit and the form submission takes more than 0.5 min. !!!!!!)

See console logs below:
      Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05
      Using JRE version 1.6.0_05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\mturani
      network: Loading user-defined proxy configuration ...
      network: Done.
      network: Loading proxy configuration from Internet Explorer ...  *(this takes about 20-30 seconds)*
      The case with Firefox is deferent, it's not slow but it makes an error see below:

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05
      Using JRE version 1.6.0_05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\mturani
      network: Loading user-defined proxy configuration ...
      network: Loading proxy configuration from Netscape Navigator ...
      *network: Error reading registry file: C:\Documents and Settings\mturani\Application Data\Mozilla\registry.dat*
      Note: Old JREs like 1.5.0 or 1.4.2 don't have this problem on IE, they load the proxy configuration in reasonable manner