I got this error from the first time i installed..*The Java Runtime Environment Cannot Be Loaded From <\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll* using Internet Explorer.The browser would crash when i clicked ok on the error messege.
i un-installed twice, didn't help, i downloaded Netscape and got the same error with it too.But the browser didn't crash.
I finally went to control panel and double clicked Java Plugin, clicked "Clear" in the cache tab. It works great now. Don't know what was there to to kill it, but that fixed the problem.
This is not an answer, but an addition:
I'm using jdk 1.4.2_02 with Mozilla 1.5 with the same error.
As far as I checked manually the installation looks good. The plugin was configured by the installer. But Mozilla is not able to start it and I get the message in the subject.
BTW: 1.4.2 worked well with the same browser.
Dum starto, estas legata tiu dosiero:
C:\Documents and Settings\toto\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.properties
deployment.properties indikas la gxavaan version kiu estos lancxota:
Povas okazi ke vi instalis version 1.4.2_04. Tamen deployment.properties indikas version 1.4.2_02 !
Tiuj parametroj estas ankaux sxangxeblaj per "Control Panel".
En la "Advanced"parto, elektu "JRE 1.4.2_04" anstataux "Use Java Plug-in Default".
Musumu "Apply". Tiam deployment.properties estas sxangxata.
Nun reelektu "Use Java Plug-in Default" kaj musumu "Apply".
Nun la nova dosiero deployment.properties enhavas:
I've had the same problom, only clearing my cach in the control panel didn't work. I've had to tell the Java control Panel in the Browser tab that the Java(TM) Plug-in wil be used as the default Java Runtime in the following browse(s): Microsoft Internet Explorere. The control pannel than came up with a message that my IE already had a newer version of Jave and if I wanted it to be replaced? J just said Yes and now everything works fine. :-)
The solution suggested saved me from an interminable round of attempts to keep my IE browser from crashing. I would only add that once the Java cache is cleared, be certain to restart your computer before attempting to relaunch your browser.
Thanks for the input: this forum is invaluable!
Yes, thanks for the help. I got into this situation when I had two versions of Java installed (1.4.2_06 and 1.4.2_05) and uninstalled one of them. I solved it, as suggested above, by going to Control Panel / Java Plug-In and using the Advanced tab to choose a specific Java Runtime.
One thing worth looking at appears to be an issues where more than one ActiveX Control may exist in you "Temporary Internet Files" Folder. Try removing these files and reinstall your JRE either from the Website or from a Manual Download package. This worked for me!!
I found the problem I was having. First I cleared the cache as had been previously suggested. No Luck
Then I checked my configuration.The browser was pointing to the old jvm. When I updated, the old software was removed, but the browser was still pointing to the old location.
Open the Java Plug in, and "select" the correct jvm. My machine offered three choices.
I have this problem when trying to launch an applet - it turned out to be caused because we had disabled 8dot3 file name creation before installing. Switching 8dot3 back on and re-installing (or getting the system to recreate the 8dot3 names by copying the directory and renaming it) made it work.
I have tried this on several systems and it worked every time for me. We use NT but i suspect it will be the same for all MS operating systems.
Ok. I too get this /bin/hotspot/jvm.dll error. I was able to solve the problem by tweaking my system (windows) PATH variable.
I noticed that applet/plugin used to work fine (with 1.3.1, 1.4.2_XX etc versions), till I installed a Database product from one of the well known database vendors.
Sure enough, started getting the same problem.
In my case, the database vendor has/ships some ancient version of jre. The DataBase Vendor included the ancient JRE in the begining of the Path variable. My Applets stopped working. I remove the JRE directory from Path, Applets start working again.
Hope this helps....