I need to perform the following but I can get it to work.
Install JRE (Java Run Time Environment) International version between 1.2 and
1.3.1_08. JRE 1.3.1_08 can be downloaded from the Sun web site URL
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.3.1_08/index.html. If you already have a Java Development Kit installed on your machine and it is not a suitable version, download and install the above JRE.
Note: The DCIDCompression component will support JRE (Java Run Time Environment) versions between 1.2.x and 1.3.1_08 only. JRE versions below 1.2 and or above 1.3.1_08 are not supported. International version of JRE needs to be used (not the U.S. English version) and it is either denoted as International or the all languages version for Windows. JRE version 1.4.x has not been tested by DCID for DCIDCompression component.
B. Registration of DCIDCompression Bean
1. Copy the JAR file, DCIDCompression.jar (shipped with this release) to a local folder.
2. From the command line, go to the Java Runtime environment directory.
cd C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1_08 (ex: If you installed JRE in �C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1_08�)
3. Enter the below commands in the command prompt.
java -cp lib\rt.jar;lib\jaws.jar sun.beans.ole.Packager
4. Following screen will be displayed. Click on the �Browse� button and choose the �DCIDCompression.jar� file and click on �Next�.
5. The following screen is displayed to pack the JavaBean. By default �DCIDCompression� will be selected. Click on Next without modifying the name.
6. Choose the name you want to assign to this component in the following screen. By
default �DCIDCompression� is assigned and is recommended. Click on �Next�.
Note: If you choose a different name, you have to modify the �DCIDClient.vbp� to refer bean control with the modified name.
7. The following screen will be displayed, to specify the directory location where the �.tlb� and �.reg� files have to be created. By default, these files (�DCIDCompression.tlb� and �DCIDCompression.reg�) will be created in the JRE installed directory. If you want to save them in another location, enter the new directory path and click on �Next�.
8. You will be prompted with the following screen to register this ActiveX control. The checkbox will be checked by default to register the Bean control in the System registry.
Note: Make sure that the Check Box is checked before clicking �Start generation�
Now, click on �Start Generation� Button.
9. The following screen will be displayed with the message �Packaging Succeeded�. This states that you have successfully registered the Java component and it is ready to use. You can view the �.tlb� and the �.reg� files generated, in the above selected location.
I get the following error
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02>java -cp lib\rt.jar;lib\jaws.jar sun.beans.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/beans/ole/Package
I wish I could get this to work. Its supposed to launch some java app.
well that is true but this application was written when 1.3 had just came out. lets leave that part how would I do this if it did support 6 the command in java doesn't launch a java gui like is exaplained in the documentation.