2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2010 5:49 AM by 843804 RSS

getting error in my application while starting the server.

while start my tomcat server i am getting the error like this

2010-02-02 11:39:26 StandardContext[HRM]Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'recruiting'
      2010-02-02 11:39:26 StandardContext[HRM]StandardWrapper.Throwable
      org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from relative location [aopConfiguration.xml]
      Offending resource: ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/recruiting-servlet.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Parser configuration exception parsing XML from ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/aopConfiguration.xml]; nested exception is javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Unable to validate using XSD: Your JAXP provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl@1ecfe07 does not support XML Schema. Are you running on Java 1.4 or below with Apache Crimson? Upgrade to Apache Xerces (or Java 1.5) for full XSD support.
      Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Parser configuration exception parsing XML from ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/aopConfiguration.xml]; nested exception is javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Unable to validate using XSD: Your JAXP provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl@1ecfe07 does not support XML Schema. Are you running on Java 1.4 or below with Apache Crimson? Upgrade to Apache Xerces (or Java 1.5) for full XSD support.
      Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Unable to validate using XSD: Your JAXP provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl@1ecfe07 does not support XML Schema. Are you running on Java 1.4 or below with Apache Crimson? Upgrade to Apache Xerces (or Java 1.5) for full XSD support.
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.createDocumentBuilderFactory(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:101)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.loadDocument(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:70)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:351)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:280)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.importBeanDefinitionResource(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:185)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseDefaultElement(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:145)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:130)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:90)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:458)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:353)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:280)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:131)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:147)
      at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
      at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:100)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:298)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:311)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:258)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:229)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:115)
      at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1029)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:862)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4013)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4357)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)

please give me solution where may be the problem.
        • 1. Re: getting error in my application while starting the server.
          >

When posting code, code snippets, HTML/XML or input/output, please use the code tags. The code tags help retain the indentation and formatting of the sample. To use the code tags, select the code and click the CODE button.
          while start my tomcat server i am getting the error like this
          >
          > 2010-02-02 11:39:26 StandardContext[HRM]Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'recruiting'
          > 2010-02-02 11:39:26 StandardContext[HRM]StandardWrapper.Throwable
          > org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from relative location [aopConfiguration.xml]
          > Offending resource: ServletContext resource [WEB-INF/recruiting-servlet.xml];
          So, assuming you are testing off localhost, that would equate to something like [http://localhost:8080/WEB-INF/recruiting-servlet.xml]. Is the file located there?

Edit 1:
          And what does any of this have to do with 'Java Upgrade', beyond the fact you want to 'upgrade' your code from broken to working?

Edited by: AndrewThompson64 on Feb 2, 2010 5:53 PM
          • 2. Re: getting error in my application while starting the server.
            in my application i have the file recruiting-servlet.xml located under web-inf folder only.

can anyone please help me to resolve my problem.

thanks in advance,
            navatha.

Edited by: puyo-puyo on Feb 2, 2010 3:45 AM