1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 21, 2008 10:31 AM by 843804 RSS

Problems with saaj (?) when using Java 6

I have an older application that I do no longer change. Now I have updated my Java version to 6 (from 5). After that, compilation of the application no longer works.
      The compliation is based on ant and also includes some tests. Some tests fail, with the error message (part):
      [java] 1) testDSASignature(hk.hku.cecid.phoenix.test.message.handler.SignatureTest)java.lang.NullPointerException
      [java] at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.util.NamespaceContextIterator.findNext(NamespaceContextIterator.java:77)
      [java] at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.util.NamespaceContextIterator.hasNext(NamespaceContextIterator.java:96)
      [java] at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.ElementImpl$1.findNext(ElementImpl.java:559)
      [java] at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.impl.ElementImpl$1.hasNext(ElementImpl.java:569)

So it seems that there may be a problem with the saaj package. However, there may also be a problem with some namespace, i.e. a default XML package that forces to use namespace, but up to now that was not required.

How can I find out what the problem is, resp. find a workaround for it?