1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 7, 2008 6:02 PM by 843804 RSS

Java 6 upgrade 3 closes windows on XP with no errors-help

I was running a streamer application on Ameritrade when it asked for a Java upgrade which I did. After that, when I ran the application it would close the Ameritrade window without an error message. I deleted the old environment but that didn't help. I've tried looking for earlier Java programs on thier site but when I go to the free download or try to verify my Java program it closes the window again with no error just like what it did to the Ameritrade streamer application. Help!!
        • 1. Re: Java 6 upgrade 3 closes windows on XP with no errors-help
          try enabling verbose output. You can do this from the java control panel. Under the runtime settings add the "-verbose" flag. Next time you start the java plugin you'll see a command prompt start up. Any fatal error might be printed there. You can get a stack dump by hitting the \ + break key in the command prompt window (before the plugin exits). - Sometimes a java program might exit due to a JNI error, If you are using native libraries you could check errors there by adding the "-Xcheck:jni" parameter to the plugin runtime settings.