I just set up my server and client to use NT Authentication (by using Oracle8i Administrator's Guide
Release 2 (8.1.6) for Windows NT
Chapter 8 'Authenticating Database Users with Windows' @
It all works fine when connecting with Oracle admin tools or SQL*Plus.
The problem comes when trying to get my existing VB app that uses oo4o to connect to the database. Here's my old code:
Set OraSession = New OracleInProcServer.OraSessionClass
Set OraDB = OraSession.OpenDatabase("net8service", "user/password", 0)
I tried about 100 diff variations (including "") for the username and password but I can't seem to get the connect to work.