This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 20, 2010 5:22 AM by 805188 RSS

NIC device driver MTU change callback ?

802536 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am developing a NIC driver for Solaris 10.
$ uname -a
SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc

I am trying to get a callback in driver when mtu of the interface is changed. MAC_PROP_PERM_READ is not defined and nor is mc_setprop so I cannot use them. I do not get call in ioctl function when the mtu is changed.

I need to know how is driver notified of the change in mtu of the interface.

Or

How can I load kernel sources for this particular version (see the uname output above) of Solaris ? I can look at the sources and try to figure out what callback function should be registered by the driver to be called when MTU is changed.

Any help is appreciated.

->Shreyas
  • 1. Re: NIC device driver MTU change callback ?
    805188 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    799533 wrote:
    Hello,

I am developing a NIC driver for Solaris 10.
    $ uname -a
    SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc

I am trying to get a callback in driver when mtu of the interface is changed. MAC_PROP_PERM_READ is not defined and nor is mc_setprop so I cannot use them. I do not get call in ioctl function when the mtu is changed.

I need to know how is driver notified of the change in mtu of the interface.

Or

How can I load kernel sources for this particular version (see the uname output above) of Solaris ?
    I can look at the sources and try to figure out what callback function should be registered by the driver to be
    called when MTU is changed.
    You can't. You would need to update your machine with the right patch that contains CR 6930358.

--Sowmini

>
    Any help is appreciated.

->Shreyas

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points