3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2007 7:52 PM by 843841

Error configuring application listener of class listeners.SessionLi

I just configured Eclipse 3.0 with Tomcat 5.5 using the Sysdeo plugin. And I am able to run jsp pages, but I am unable to run servlets.

Tomcat restart log also dispalys the following error:
      SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class listeners.SessionListener

I created a TomCat project with the default options i.e. update server.xml and use default directory structure.

I also copied the sample web.xml file and changed the <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> tags . I kept the listener tag the same as in the example i.e.
      <listener>
              <listener-class>listeners.ContextListener</listener-class>
          </listener>
          <listener>
              <listener-class>listeners.SessionListener</listener-class>
          </listener>
      Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Error configuring application listener of class listeners.SessionLi
          Hi !,

I am alok. I had deploy a application.But when i am runnibg it it gaves these error.This application is running fine on other system.I don't know what is the problem.My configuration is below :

Tomcat 5.5.9 , jdk 1.5.06 , using struts,spring and hibernate.
          IDE is MyEclipse.

i am getting this error.
          I put all required jar in tomcat_home/common/lib and application lib directory.

5313 [main] INFO [localhost].[balancer] - org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter: init(): ruleChain: [org.apache.webapp.balancer.RuleChain: [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.URLStringMatchRule: Target string: News / Redirect URL: http://www.cnn.com], [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.RequestParameterRule: Target param name: paramName / Target param value: paramValue / Redirect URL: http://www.yahoo.com], [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.AcceptEverythingRule: Redirect URL: http://jakarta.apache.org]]
          6109 [main] INFO [localhost].[jsp-examples] - ContextListener: contextInitialized()
          6109 [main] INFO [localhost].[jsp-examples] - SessionListener: contextInitialized()
          25797 [main] ERROR [localhost].[] - Error configuring application listener of class com.ifilm.persistent.community.jforum.IFilmForumSessionListener
          java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: level
          at org.apache.log4j.spi.RootLogger.setLevel(RootLogger.java:65)
          at org.apache.log4j.spi.RootLogger.<init>(RootLogger.java:44)
          at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:78)
          at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:116)
          at net.jforum.ForumSessionListener.<clinit>(ForumSessionListener.java:59)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
          at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
          at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
          at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)

thanks in advanced
          • 2. Re: Error configuring application listener of class listeners.SessionLi
            Use following link to download zip file for tomcat. Dont use exe version.

http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.16/bin/apache-tomcat-5.5.16.zip

http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=011595

Thanks
            Nazeer,
            • 3. Re: Error configuring application listener of class listeners.SessionLi
              hello!

So, I was looking for a solution for that!

I have the same problem, then according to what you said

I have downloaded the zip format, unzipped it and I tried to restart my application

the bad news: I have no success

just telling the error

I have my own listener..the application compiles fine..I can do everything by
              using my laptop..

but on the Windows XP workstation / Eclipse WTP / apache-tomcat-5.5.25

I have been getting this error on console...

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).
              log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
              24/10/2007 16:47:45 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
              SEVERE: Error listenerStart
              24/10/2007 16:47:45 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
              SEVERE: Context [/managersheet] startup failed due to previous errors
              my listener is setted like so
                  <listener>
                        <listener-class>org.managersheet.util.listener.ManagerSheetListener</listener-class>
                   </listener>
              Do you have any idea?

thanks !