13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2001 7:32 PM by 3004 RSS

6 steps Negotiation (Auction)

Hi,

Is there any plans to shorthen the 6 steps in creating an Auction to 2 or 3 steps.

With the slow internet lines in Malaysia, a normal process to undergo this is approx 30-45 minutes. Occasionally the lines are cutoff and the users have to redo the auction again.

Pls help.

Rgds
      KC Wong

kcwong@worldsol.com
      null
        • 1. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
          We have this problem as well with some of our less technical clients. It's my understanding that the exchange will offer an "express auction" feature at a later date that drops the process down to just the basic fields for users who are not doing anything fancy with their auction.

To help our customers we have done some things with linking from web pages directly to the areas they are looking for. If you would like some of the specifics on how to do this, contact my CTO at kstubbs@way2bid.com.

Hope this helps.
          Rhonda

------------------
          Rhonda Harrison
          Way2Bid
          • 2. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
            Hi!
            We are extremely interested in simplifying the auction's creation processs. We find it very complex for our customers to use it!
            We have several ideas in order to improve the usability of this 6 steps process. Here are some of them:

1. Exchange operators can create Auction Templates (including Bidding Controls and Bidders Invitation List) that can be used by every Auctionner in the marketplace.

2. When selecting a category in the item selection step, OEX will invite AUTOMATICALLY every company in the marketplace selling products in the selected company.

Please, I am looking forward from hearing your opinions and suggestions about these functionalities.

Regards

------------------
            Fernando Dmaz
            BBVA/TPI Marketplace
            Spain
            • 3. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
              We launched the same idea to bring in more intelligence in the auction module when inviting suppliers. We experience that this step is the real time-consumer. Based on the auction's category all bidders, who can add value to that auction should be listed to the auctioneer, who should be able to edit that list. This requires that all trading partners should specify what kind of categories of products and services they can deliver, but also what kinds they buy as there are also seller's auctions. Working like this with the most drilled down UN/SPSC category (level 4) will give maintainance problems, so we suggest to us the header categories (level 1) then only. By default all categories should be set for the trading partners, who can edit this list.

Does anybody disagree with this feature?

Please send me your feedback.

Michel de Knoop
              KPN Xchange
              • 4. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                Hi!

We agree TOTALLY with the feature Michel (KPN EXcahnge) has described.

We think that there are two ways in order to edit the list of FIRST LEVEL categories in which a supplier is interested:

1. Exchange Operators and Company Administrators are allowed to edit this list of the categories in any moment after the company registration

2. The OEX will generate automatically the list based upon the information of the suppliers' catalog. In this case, the Company Administrator shoul be allowed to edit the presence of his/her company in the list.

What is your opinion about these 2 possibilities?

Looking forward from your feedback.

------------------
                Fernando Dmaz
                BBVA/TPI Marketplace
                Spain
                • 5. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                  1) we agree that both the operator as the company administrator should be able to edit the list of categories in any moment after the company registration. However in our case the operator will only facilitate the categorie list as a service, while the admin is responsible to maintain that list.

2) we also agree with this feature, but may be we can extend this by adding all categories used by the company when creating a buyer's and/or seller's auction. At least a check should be done whether that category is already present in the list. If not the admin should be notified that an auctioneer within his own organisation used a category not meeting the defined list. Then the admin will have the choice to add that category to the list. An even more advanced option could be that the admin can specify whether these categories should be added automatically to the list or not.

What about this all and do we need to ask Oracle to plan an e-forum to discuss this feature in more detail? We really need this feature to be included in r7.0. Do you have the same urgency with this feature? If so, what can we do to speed up development?

Kind regards,
                  Michel de Knoop
                  KPN Xchange
                  • 6. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                    Michel,

Sorry for the delay in the answer. I could not connect to the Community. I don not know why.

We need this kind of features. Even, we are thinking of deactivating the Auctions Tab! It is really good!

I totally agree with your description. What is the next step? Should we have to send a Enhancement Request via Metalink? What is the procedure now? Should we contact with the Auction Development Team?

I would like to hear your opinion! Let's join our efforts in order to influence on the Development Team!

------------------
                    Fernando Dmaz
                    BBVA/TPI Marketplace
                    Spain
                    • 7. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                      Fernando,

In the past every exchange had to raise an enhancement request even for identical issues themselves. I don't know what to do next either, so I will send Dee Frewart to ask here this and refer to this discussion for more details. Will keep you updated!

To the other exchanges:
                      Please provide me your feedback. Together we will have more influence on development's roadmap than on our one.

Regards,
                      Michel de Knoop
                      KPN Xchange
                      • 8. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                        Great feedback! We currently have a design for an "Express Auction" feature which we will share with you for input. It fundamentally is a 2 step process 1) complete the auction template component and 2) complete the express auction page. It currently is high on our priority list for the next design release. Make sure you emphasize this when we involve you in the prioritization exercise the eForum.

I will send by email to those on the thread by COB tomorrow.
                        P.S. Don't be shy about raising this on the live eForums.

Dee Frewert, Senior Director
                        Oracle Exchange Development, Customer Program
                        • 9. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                          Michel,

This is a great idea. We are currently developing a work-around that will work with the keyword search capabilities in 6.1. Basically, we are creating a standard set of categories that suppliers can select from to describe their business offering, then we will build the keyword list for them.

------------------
                          Erick Burgess
                          417-447-5050
                          [EMAIL]eburgess@way2bid.com[EMAIL]
                          Way2Bid
                          • 10. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                            Hi Eric,

Are you willing to share that pre-defined set of categories with us? May be we can help us both on this?

Regards,
                            Michel de Knoop
                            m.f.i.deknoop@kpn.com
                            • 11. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                              Just wanted to post my initial thought concerning the Express Auction document that Dee is referring to. So far it looks GREAT!! This should take care of a lot of the concerns we and our customers have brought up about the auction creation process.

I will post comments about specific funtionality as I get deeper into the document.

------------------
                              Erick Burgess
                              417-447-5050
                              [EMAIL]eburgess@way2bid.com[EMAIL]
                              Way2Bid
                              • 12. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                                Without sounding too pesimistic regarding the described express auction functionality we need to say that we do not see the greatness of this enhancement. Express auction is only a minor improvement as auctioneers will still have to spend a lot of time to complete an auction. Real time-consumers (adding items and bidders) are not included. The problem is not that users need to click 6 times, but need to fill the auction content.

Using item templates is helpful, but adding a copy item function will be very useful as well. Some times only the item title is different incl. eventual attachments.

Adding bidders is another story. This really need to be improved as soon as possible. Some examples:

1. include "add another" button (identical to "add attachment" functionality) for members and non-members;
                                2. allow use of templates to add members and non-members;
                                3. filter possibilities on trading partner directory by region while adding members;
                                4. auto-display possible bidders based on their capabilities by region (please read my previous postings). Regional presentation by city, state, country , continent and rest of the world will help to select bidders in greater speed as well.

Comments regarding the described enhancement:
                                - we miss express auction punchout from catalogs;
                                - need-by-dates should be included while creating items

Michel de Knoop
                                KPN Xchange
                                • 13. 6 steps Negotiation (Auction)
                                  Michel,

I agree that Express Auctions are not the optimal solution. We also miss the connection between catalog and bidders list. This information is already in the catalog.

The bulk load of bidder could be a solution, but it is a time-consuming activity. It is much better for our customers to get it done by clicking a first-level category.

I like you idea of filtering the Trading Partner Directory using additional criteria.

------------------
                                  Fernando Dmaz
                                  BBVA/TPI Marketplace
                                  Spain