1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 12:48 AM by 501244

Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control

Hi,

I am unable to login oracle fusion middleware control enterprise manager.

When i try access, i am getting the following error.

Error 404--Not Found
      From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
      10.4.5 404 Not Found
      The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address

I have started the admin server.

Any other server shall i need to start?
        • 1. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
          wingbird
          Is this a clean install of weblogic server? Did you install the enterprise manager component?
          • 2. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
            I have installed with enterprise manager and i have accessed it once installation completed.

I am getting this error, once i restarted the machine/server.

Note - I have installed oracle weblogic server, identity management and Portal and forms....

when i try to access http://hostname:7001/em, its giving the above error.

But the same time i am able to access Weblogic administrator console by http://hostname:7001/console
            • 3. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
              René van Wijk
              In what state is the enterprise manager deployment?
              You can see this in the weblogic console, when you click on deployments.
              Look for the em entry in the list.

When em is in state failed, check the log files what is wrong.
              The log files are located in the directory:
              <middleware-home>/user_projects/domains/<server-name>/logs
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                Hi

Thanks for your inputs.

I found that em is getting failured. When i start the deployment and see the log, its throwing the following error.

<04-Oct-2010 13:28:45 o'clock BST> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149004> <Failures w
                ere detected while initiating start task for application 'em'.>
                <04-Oct-2010 13:28:45 o'clock BST> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149078> <Stack trac
                e for message 149004
                weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160149]Error while processing lib
                rary references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-
                application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, Specification-Version: 1, I
                mplementation-Version: 11.1.1.1.0, exact-match: false], [Extension-Name: oracle.
                webcenter.skin, exact-match: false].
                at weblogic.application.internal.flow.CheckLibraryReferenceFlow.prepare(
                CheckLibraryReferenceFlow.java:26)
                at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.ja
                va:1221)
                at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineD
                river.java:41)
                at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.j
                ava:367)
                at weblogic.application.internal.EarDeployment.prepare(EarDeployment.jav
                a:58)
                Truncated.
                • 5. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                  wingbird
                  What you need to do is via weblogic admin console first is untarget if they are targeted the libraries mentioned in the error log:

- adf.oracle.domain
                  - oracle.webcenter.skin

Once you untarget it, restart the adminserver.
                  Log back in, target these libraries and restart the adminserver again.
                  Check your logfiles whether there are other libraries mentioned also for em. If yes follow the same procedure again for the libraries which it is complaining about.
                  • 6. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                    René van Wijk
                    Could you check which libraries are deployed.

I know of some problems with the version of adf.oracle.domain. If i remember correctly
                    there is a version 11.1.1.2.0 installed.

In your weblogic-application.xml there are references to these libraries. You probably
                    have to edit these files, to do so you have to extract the em.ear. Look for entries such as:
                    <library-ref>
                              <library-name>oracle.adf.domain</library-name>
                              <specification-version>1.0</specification-version>
                              <implementation-version>11.1.1.1.0</implementation-version>
                              <exact-match>false</exact-match>
                    </library-ref>
                    and edit these such that they are referencing to the right versions.

There is are also library references in the weblogic.xml file could be some references
                    are not correct here as well.

I think you should make a support case of this and let the builders of enterprise manager
                    resolve these issues.
                    • 7. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                      wingbird
                      It shouldnt be necessary to edit these to the right versions, since the flag for exact-match is set to false, i.e the version dont have to match.

I have encountered such an issue before that when you check via weblogic administration console or config.xml the libraries appears to be targeted.
                      But when Ichecked with WLST at serverRuntime() I saw that the libraries were missing for the managed server. And what I did was the procedure(untarget/restart/target/restart) that I described.
                      So if you want to be sure you can also verify with WLST whether the serverRuntime list the same libraries as the serverConfig() libraries for you server.
                      • 8. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                        Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have started weblogic by the below command.

"D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\IDMDomain\bin\startWebLogic.cmd"

Will this automatically start enterprise manager(em) for oracle fusion middleware? Shall i need to run any utility command to achive em to work?
                        • 9. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                          wingbird
                          Have you followed the procedure to untargete/restart/target/restart the AdminServer for the problem libraries now? If not do this first, and check after restarting the log file if you still have problem libraries errors.

If yes, then login to your weblogic administration console and go to "Deployments" you should see in the column "Name" the application "em" as active.

Enterprise Manager is an application which is deployed in the AdminServer so whenever you start AdminServer Enterprise Manager will be started too.
                          • 10. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                            wingbird
                            Another thing I dont really know about a windows installation. But on unix there is also a startWeblogic command just above the bin directory.

So in your case check whether this exist: "D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\IDMDomain\startWebLogic.cmd"

If not then just do it the way you do.
                            1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                              You are correct. i have used the weblogicstart command under user_projects/domain/IDMDomain. Now i am able to see the em is deployed in the weblogic console.

Name State Health Type Deployment Order
                              ---- ----- ------ ----           ---------- -----
                              em Admin OK Enterprise Application 400

But when i try to access em. I am getting the following error.

Error 404--Not Found
                              From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
                              10.4.5 404 Not Found
                              The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.
                              • 12. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                                wingbird
                                Good now just tick the checkbox next to the application and select resume

Check the log file, and see whether the state turns to active
                                • 13. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                                  wingbird
                                  sorry I mean click the "start" button and click "Servicing all requests"
                                  • 14. Re: Unable to login/access enterprise manager in fusion control
                                    Thanks. Its working for me.

Can you give tips to configure LDAP for Portal configuration?
                                    1 2 Previous Next