1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 7, 2010 8:38 AM by 800560 RSS

How to compile a single file in a project

I have placed my java connector file called "xxxTargetconnector .class" in the below mentioned path

D:\FSCM9DMO\webserv\FSCMDMO9\applications\peoplesoft\PSIGW\WEB-INF\classes\com\peoplesoft\pt\integrationgateway\targetconnector

I have converted the above class file in to a java file using a decompiler.Now i would like to recompile the java file to get the byte code.This class file imports many class files from jar files which is placed in the below mentioned path.

D:\FSCM9DMO\webserv\Cybersource.

Before compiling i set the path to include the jar files

for ex , set path = D:\FSCM9DMO\webserv\Cybersource

For compilation i went to the below path using command prompt and compiled the particular file.

D:\FSCM9DMO\webserv\FSCMDMO9\applications\peoplesoft\PSIGW\WEB-INF\classes\com\peoplesoft\pt\integrationgateway\targetconnector>javac xxxTargetConnector.java

Unfortunately i got around 99 errors saying

xxxTargetConnector.java:187: cannot find symbol
      symbol : variable Logger
      location: class com.peoplesoft.pt.integrationgateway.targetconnector.xxxTargetConnector

How to compile a single file in a project ?
        • 1. Re: How to compile a single file in a project
          According to [http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/javac.html],
          "As a special convenience, a class path element containing a basename of * is considered equivalent to specifying a list of all the files in the directory with the extension .jar or .JAR.
          I have never tried using this feature.

So if all of your dependent classes are in in jar files that are in D:\FSCM9DMO\webserv\Cybersource, a command like the following should work.

javac -cp D:\FSCM9DMO\webserv\Cybersource\* xxxTargetConnector.java

Note that setting your operating system path variable has no impact on where Javac looks for dependent classes.