2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2008 6:13 PM by 843810 RSS

Using debug

Hi

How can I use debugger with a stand alone java program running on a solaris machine. Locally I debug using Eclipse, as data is huge I need to run the test in solaris machines.
      I searched a few forums, quite did not understand how to use debugger with a standalone java program.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Meena
        • 1. Re: Using debug
          You can run eclipse on Solaris and attach tot he program to be debugged, assuming you have started the program to be debugged in debug mode; see
          [http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jpda/conninv.html] .

You can do the same with NetBeans. Or you can run either eclipse or NetBeans on a different machine and tell it to attach to the hostname:port where your debuggee is running.
          • 2. Re: Using debug
            venkataramanan wrote:
            Hi

How can I use debugger with a stand alone java program running on a solaris machine. Locally I debug using Eclipse, as data is huge I need to run the test in solaris machines.
            I searched a few forums, quite did not understand how to use debugger with a standalone java program.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Meena
            First thing is compiling your programs in debug mode.