I've write an applet running in a webpage, which will open a socket connecting to 127.0.0.1, the localhost.
It work fine in my develpe environment (browser & webserver run in localhost), but when I deploy the website to a testing server. The applet alweays run with exception "access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:6135 connect,resolve)".
I've tried the sign the jar with a cert. It still got the exception. Some ppl suggested to change the java.policy in system to allow it. But I'm not sure is it the best solution for this. As I found some java webbase IM can use socket to connect to server.
My client platform is Win7 + IE8