2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 10:20 AM by 805430

Problem Bursting to eText - Oracle applications

Kofi
      Hi,
      I want to burst some text to a file in addition to seeing some output in the output of a concurrent program.
      We're on 11.5.10 CU2 and our XML Publisher is 5.6.3.

The approach is as follows;
      - Create Report and register in Oracle Applications with output type as XML. The application short code is 'XXX'.
      This report uses fnd_request.submit_request to launch XDOBURSTREP in the after-report trigger.
      - Create a Data Definition that has the same code as the short name of the registered concurrent program. The template attached to this Data definition is Excel.
      However the data definition has a bursting control file which calls an eText Template as well.

The control file looks like this
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <xapi:requestset xmlns:xapi="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/xapi" type="bursting">
       <xapi:request select="/TEST_BURSTING/">
       <xapi:delivery>
       <xapi:filesystem output="/tmp/myfile.txt" id="txt">
       </xapi:filesystem>
       </xapi:delivery> 
       <xapi:document output-type="etext" delivery="txt">
       <xapi:template type="etext" location="xdo://XXX.BURST_TEST_ETEXT.en.US?getSource=true">
       </xapi:template>
       </xapi:document>
       </xapi:request>
      </xapi:requestset>
      The eText template has a code of BURST_TEST_ETEXT and is registered to the language code en with territory code US and an application of XXX.

When I run it, the first concurrent program is fine and I get my excel output and then the one submitted in the after-report trigger completes with an error like this.
      /tmp/myfile.txt (No such file or directory)
      java.io.FileNotFoundException: /tmp/myfile.txt (No such file or directory)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
           at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.oa.cp.JCP4XDOBurstingEngine.zipOutputFiles(JCP4XDOBurstingEngine.java:523)
           at oracle.apps.xdo.oa.cp.JCP4XDOBurstingEngine.runProgram(JCP4XDOBurstingEngine.java:292)
           at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.request.Run.main(Run.java:161).

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
      Cheers
      Kofi