7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 12:57 PM by imran_311

FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect

imran_311
      Hi,

I am getting error while logging into the FDM. The error is

Error: An error occurred logging on to the system.
      Detail: The username or password is invalid.

Also when I configure and test the Load Balancing Configuration for shared services the following pop-up message is displayed.
      Shared Services Connection Failed.

I also recovered the old database for OpenLDap, the service is working fine.

So Please help me to resolve this issue.

thanks in advance.

Imran Anwar
        • 1. Re: FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect
          WPaffhausen
          Hello,

Wel the two issues are definately related. If the FDM LoadBalance Manager can't do a simple test of the provider; then I don't see how standard logins via the web would work. Resonable expectations would state that if "Step A"(Testing the config) fails ... do not proceed forward to "Step B"(Web-Logins).

I would start by looking at and reviewing your situation.
          1. Did logins work before you restored OpenLDAP?
          2. How do you know this is functioning properly?
          3. Can you log into SharedServices Web?
          4. Do you know that the UserName/Password specified in the LoadBalancer Authentication Provider is correct?
          5. What happens if you attempt to re-register FDM with HSS?

Thank you,
          • 2. Re: FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect
            imran_311
            Thanks for your reply,

After reviewing these situation following are the answers..

1. Did logins work before you restored OpenLDAP?

I restore OpenLDAP because login was not working.

2. How do you know this is functioning properly?

Yes FDM is deployed application and was working fine untill this error occurs.

3. Can you log into SharedServices Web?

Yes I can login on Production Server ESSBASE, but cannot login into any sharedServices on local machine i.e. FDM Server.

4. Do you know that the UserName/Password specified in the LoadBalancer Authentication Provider is correct?

Username/Password is correct as it was working fine before.

5. What happens if you attempt to re-register FDM with HSS?

When I try to re-register FDM with HSS the following error occurs.

Register with Shared Services Failed
            Deploy to Application Server Failed
            Configure FDM Server Failed

Thank you,
            • 3. Re: FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect
              WPaffhausen
              Hello,

Unfortunately your test is probably flawed. Essbase does not natively integrate with HSS.... and therefore isn't a valid test if HSS is up and running. Based on your last statement of but cannot login into any sharedServices leads me to believe you are still having HSS issues.

I would suggest you ensure that these are fully resolved before any expectation of another product leveraging it becomes functional. Please ensure that you can sign into HSS and everything is still functional.

Thank you,
              • 4. Re: FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect
                imran_311
                Hi,

May be I couldnt explain it properly. I am new to FDM administration and I am using the machine setup by someone else who has left. The server was working a day ago and it suddenly stopped working. The FDM server, Essbase server and planning servers are 3 different machines.

By logging into HSS do you mean the HSS of the essbase server or the HSS of the FDM machine? the FDM machine's FSS is not working but its web interface is working but it wont log in.
                • 5. Re: FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect
                  WPaffhausen
                  Hello,

Unfortunately there is no such thing as FDM HSS and Essbase HSS. HSS is a seperate product ... just like FDM and Essbase.
                  Please ensure that the HSS product component is functional.

If you need further product training/experience I would suggest you reach out to a qualified partner.

Thank you,
                  • 6. Re: FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect
                    JeffJon
                    This is a bit too compliated to resolve via the Discussion Forum. I would suggest opening a service request with Oracle Support to analyze the issue.
                    • 7. Re: FDM Login Issue Username or Password Incorrect
                      imran_311
                      I finally found the problem but I still havent gotten to the cause of it. The db had gotten corrupt and the shared services were not starting. So i restored the db and everything started working again but the cause of corruption is still a mystery. I am running FDM on a vmware virtual machine and i restored the db from a previous machine.