2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2005 9:22 AM by 807596 RSS

Problem to run a project

I have developed a Java project and it runs well in a Windows 98 machine. But when a try to run it in a Windows 95 machine, it throws an exception with the file net.dll.
      I have copied j2sdk1.4.2_04 and i directly typed

C:\J2SDK1.4.2_04\JRE\BIN\java -jar <myproject>.jar

Do I have to install something else or I did wrong by just copying the j2sdk1.4.2_04?
        • 1. Re: Problem to run a project
          I have developed a Java project and it runs well in a
          Windows 98 machine. But when a try to run it in a
          Windows 95 machine, it throws an exception with the
          file net.dll.
          I have copied j2sdk1.4.2_04 and i directly typed

C:\J2SDK1.4.2_04\JRE\BIN\java -jar <myproject>.jar

Do I have to install something else or I did wrong by
          just copying the j2sdk1.4.2_04?
          What do you mean by copied the j2sdk1.4.2_04? Did you install it or just copy the directory from the windows 98 partition to the windows 95 partition?
          If you just copied it you should try installing it instead. Possibly something wasn't registered with windows 95 because you copied instead of installed the jdk.

Nick
          • 2. Re: Problem to run a project
            1) Windows 95 is not anymore supported by Microsoft and is not supported by the last Sun JVM as well. Try upgrading to Windows 98/ME/2000/XP instead.
            2) Errors in net.dll and other networking-related DLLs in Windows 95 usually require you to install the last service pack of Windows 95 (I don't know if you can download such thing from the Microsoft site; I know that you can get it if you have a Microsoft Technet subscription). Try installing winsock version 2 as well.