2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2003 2:52 AM by 843829

Unable to start weblogic 6.1

Hi there,
      I'm trying to migrate from weblogic 5.1 to 6.1. Have tried following their steps of migration by going to the console to convert the weblogic.properties file to .xml file. But when i try to start the server in 6.1 with the new config.xml file it throws the following exception. Can someone pls help me why this is happening? Many thanks!

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
      Exception raised:
      weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: invalid value myApp for attribute Name of MBean "myApp:Name=myApp,Type=Server", getLegalCheck() is (weblogic.management.configuration.LegalHelper.serverMBeanSetNameLegalCheck(self,value);)
      at weblogic.management.internal.xml.ConfigurationParser.parse(ConfigurationParser.java:120)
      at weblogic.management.internal.xml.XmlFileRepository.loadDomain(XmlFileRepository.java:261)
      at weblogic.management.internal.xml.XmlFileRepository.loadDomain(XmlFileRepository.java:223)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:636)
      at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:621)
      at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:374)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1557)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1525)
      at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
      at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
      at $Proxy1.loadDomain(Unknown Source)
      at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configureFromRepository(AdminServer.java:188)
      at weblogic.management.AdminServer.configure(AdminServer.java:173)
      at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:257)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:368)
      at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:213)
      at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
      Reason: Fatal initialization exception
      ***************************************************************************