7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2003 6:07 PM by 114074

URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering

I have the December PDK installed.

The following tag does not appear to be supported anymore in the provider.xml:

<disableInlineRenderingID>1</disableInlineRenderingID>

I need this tag to do selective inline rendering with my .asp pages. Is there a work around?

- Thanks, Kenny B
        • 1. Re: URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering
          The <disableInlineRenderingID>1</disableInlineRenderingID> feature stills works. I tried this with PDK Dec. You may use it to selectively disable inline rendering for URL based portlets.
          • 2. Re: URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering
            Your post gives me hope this can be fixed.

Part of provider.xml code:
            =========================================================
            <renderer class="oracle.portal.provider.v2.render.RenderManager">
            <contentType>text/html</contentType>
            <autoRedirect>true</autoRedirect>
            <showPage class="oracle.portal.provider.v2.render.http.URLRenderer">
            <contentType>text/html</contentType>
            <charSet>ISO-8859-1</charSet>
            <pageUrl>http://www.xxx.com/exchange_portlet/inbox.asp</pageUrl>
            <filter class="oracle.portal.provider.v2.render.HtmlFilter">
            <headerTrimTag>&lt;body</headerTrimTag>
            <footerTrimTag>/body></footerTrimTag>
            <inlineRendering>true</inlineRendering>
            <disableInlineRenderingID>1</disableInlineRenderingID>
            </filter>
            </showPage>
            <editPage class="oracle.portal.provider.v2.render.http.URLEditRenderer"/>
            </renderer>
            ==========================================================

Error when trying to register provider:
            An error occurred when attempting to call the providers register function. (WWC-43134)
            The following error occurred during the call to Web provider: oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.NodeHandlerException: Class
            Long postings are being truncated to ~1 kB at this time.
            • 3. Re: URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering
              Part II

Error when trying to register provider:
              An error occurred when attempting to call the providers register function. (WWC-43134)
              The following error occurred during the call to Web provider: oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.NodeHandlerException: Class oracle.portal.provider.v2.render.HtmlFilter has no set or add method for tag "disableInlineRenderingID"
              at oracle.portal.utils.v2.ContainerException.fillInStackTrace(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:90)
              at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:38)
              at oracle.portal.utils.v2.ContainerException.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.NodeHandlerException.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.DefaultNodeHandler.findMethod(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.DefaultNodeHandler.setCustomValue(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.DefaultNodeHandler.handleSimpleElement(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.DefaultNodeHandler.processNode(Unknown Source)
              at oracle.portal.utils.xml.v2.Defaul[i]
              Long postings are being truncated to ~1 kB at this time.
              • 4. Re: URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering
                The problem you are facing is generally encountered, if some older version of pdkjava.jar and ptlshare.jar files are present in your OC4J classpath.

If you have not yet migrated to the latest PDK, then please do so. You may download the latest PDK.zip from http://portalstudio.oracle.com. On unzipping this file into some directory,say C:\temp, you may follow the instructions in the F:\jpdk\PDK-Dec\pdk\jpdk\v2\upgrading.9020x.to.90240.html document to upgrade. I will suggest you to delete(/backup by renaming these to *.jar_old) all the existing pdkjava.jar and ptlshare.jar files before installing/ upgrading to PDK Dec, so that only the latest files are referred to by PDK.

If you have already migrated tyo PDK- Dec, then delete(/backup by renaming these to *.jar_old) all the existing pdkjava.jar and ptlshare.jar files except for the ones available in $IAS_HOME/portal/jlib directory(this is where the PDK Dec looks for pdkjava.jar and ptlshare.jar files).
                • 5. Re: URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering
                  Please ignore my previous post as the error you are getting seems to be because of the following reason:

In the provider.xml excerpt, you have posted, the <filter> tag is:
                  <filter class="oracle.portal.provider.v2.render.HtmlFilter">
                  The class referred to here is HtmlFilter, which actually doesn't have any add or set method for <disableInlineRenderingId>. So, the error thrown is logically correct.
                  If you want to use the selective inline rendering feature for your .asps/URLs, please change the <filter> tag to :
                  <filter class="oracle.portal.provider.v1.http.SelectiveRenderingFilter"> because this class <b>has</b> set or add method for <disableInlineRenderingId> tag.

Replacing the <filter class to SelectiveRenderingFilter will resolve the current error.

Please feel free to get back if you face any other issues.
                  • 6. Re: URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering
                    Good! Progress is being made.

Now I have one more hurdle to overcome. The "oracle.portal.provider.v1.http.SelectiveRenderingFilter" class does not exist in the version 2 pdkjava/ptlshare jar files. Are there jar files available for download that would have this class?

Thanks for you help!
                    • 7. Re: URL Services (V2) - Selective Inline Rendering
                      It works!

The correct class is:

<filter class="oracle.portal.provider.v2.render.SelectiveRenderingFilter">

Thank you so much for your help!