1 2 3 Previous Next 42 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2008 1:06 PM by 843830 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Worklist Manager SE
        Hi Mei,

I'm a little fuzzy on the difference between using a Netbeans 6.5 daily build + the nbms from open-esb versus using the all-in-one installer that's available at the open-esb site.

would you mind explaining how they differ, and, whether I really have to use them versus the Netbeans 6.5 daily + extra bits.

regards,
        peter.
        • 16. Re: Worklist Manager SE
          Hi, Peter,

NB 6.5 trunk and the NB inside the all-in-one will eventually merge but currently they are in 2 repositories, we work currently against the all-in-one branch.
          I recommend that you try the latest all-in-one as often as you can, if you want to save some time and your installer is fairly new, you may download nbms and update (uninstall then install) plugins, but since these nbms have dependencies on other nbms, there maybe some odd exceptions when you go that route, if that happens, you will have to reinstall openesb installer.

Thanks
          Mei
          • 17. Re: Worklist Manager SE
            Hi, Peter,

I think the 64 bits jdk might have issues, I encountered them once, try 32 bit jdk. I see you have tried 32 bit JDK6 as well and got the same exception, are you sure 32 bit JDK also does not work?
            I found this post, maybe it is helpful:
            http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqInstall64Bit#section-FaqInstall64Bit-HowCanIInstallNetBeansIDE6.06.0.16.1OnA64BitWindows

How about openESBs all-in-one bundle?

Thanks
            Mei
            • 18. Re: Worklist Manager SE
              Hi Mei,

for what it's worth, I have no trouble at all installing the daily and other Netbeans 6.0, 6.1 and 6.5 builds on my computer.

I downloaded the open esb all-in-one bundle for windows, and have now tried, unsuccessfully, to install it using the javahome with and without the userdir option pointing at both the x86 and x64 versions of both the JDK5 and JDK6, and it makes no difference.

to me, it appears that there is something wrong with the installer with this build of the all-in-one.

I've never had this sort of trouble with the Netbeans daily builds.

I guess I may have to try the info on not using the installer per one of the web links you mentioned.

I find this very unusual. have you actually tried to use the all-in-one bundle I am trying to use?

regards,
              peter.
              • 19. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                Hi, Peter,

Yes, I use all-in-bundle most of the time.
                However, as you mentioned you are using -javahome and -userdir, I think I do use javahome (Env $JAVA_HOME) but I don't really specify -userdir, userdir may be changed after the installation (in netbeansInstallDir/etc/netbeans.conf) . One thing I always make sure is the java is in the path, think you are also doing that, right?

What exception do you see?
                Could you please post a msg to mailing list : users@open-esb.dev.java.net ? It is now an openESB installer question and someone knowledgeable on that will help you out.

Thanks
                Mei
                • 20. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                  Hi Mei,

ok, I was able to --extract and -jar deploy.jar to get it installed.

I am still very unclear as to why it was neccessary do do this, since I was pointing at valid JDK installations.

Now that I've gotten it installed, I will try following the rest of the instructions, and see where that leads.

I do appreciate your responsiveness to my queries.

btw: any idea when the next 'all in one' build will be? - ie: the first one that will have the fix that allows JDK6 to be used for xhtml generation?

best regards,
                  peter.
                  • 21. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                    Mei,

something either I'm doing wrong, or, you may need to update in your docs:

when I tried adding the javax-mail.nbm, I got told that it was already loaded. I couldn't see anything named 'mail' so I'm a bit puzzled by this.

on the basis that it was already there, I proceeded to add the smtp wsdl extension nbm, and I get prompted with:

Missing required modules for plugin SMTP WSDL Extension:
                    module org.netbeans.soa.libs.mail

I did a bit of hunting and found an nbm for the above nbm. Interestingly, when I add it, it is listed as 'javax mail', so it's a bit confusing.

am I doing the 'right' thing or not?

please advise.

regards,
                    peter.
                    • 22. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                      Hi, Peter,

The next all-in-one is likely be at the end of the week, I will request one to be built and it will be roughly be that time -- if our build team isn't in a crunch .

Thanks
                      Mei
                      • 23. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                        Hi, Peter,

You are right on the naming of the org.netbeans.soa.libs.mail, I will modify my doc, it used to be named as javax.mail nbm

Thanks for point it out.

Thanks
                        Mei
                        • 24. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                          Mei,

a little more feedback: it appears that the bpel se is not happy with the all-in-one distro out of the box. it was complaining about the persistence configuration not being good.

the bottom line was that it refused to start, which meant that the configuration settings could not be viewed either via netbeans or the glassfish admin web site.

I figured out that the solution was to uninstall it, and then re-install (by pointing at the .jar in the jbi components directory), and, at that time, it would allow me to configure persistence the way I wanted it, and it would now start.

having done that, it appears that the first example is working, I am very happy to say!!

as much as the bpel engine itself is, I'm guessing, something that you don't really want to document in your own docs, I understand if you don't add something. however, either a question to the bpel se team (which might result in a fix) or a mention of the peculiarities re the bpel se in your doc would be most helpful, as it would make the hand-holding complete to the point where more people can get the sample up and running without unexpected issues.

now the fun really begins...

thank you again for your help, and I look forward to updates that become available per our earlier discussions.

regards,
                          peter.
                          • 25. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                            Mei,

by the way, your doc has:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Now run SendExpensivePurchaseOrderTestCase in WorklistWebCompositeApp to create a task
                            from a bpel process instance
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------

which is incorrect. the test case is in the PurchaseOrderCompositeApp.

regards,
                            peter.
                            • 26. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                              Hi, Peter,

Thank you for pointing out faults on the document allowing me to polish it.
                              The bpel se not being able to start may be for a known exception that bpel team has been trying to reproduce, but it does not happen consistently, could you attach your exception in server.log ?

Thanks
                              Mei
                              • 27. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                                Mei,

regarding the bpel se not starting, here is an example that I saw repeated a number of times:

[#|2008-10-14T15:38:32.767-0500|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=51;_ThreadName=httpWorkerThread-4848-0;_RequestID=78e51de0-cfa6-4423-975a-03ab85883d42;|
                                java.lang.LinkageError: com/sun/jbi/common/qos/config/ConfigPersistence
                                     at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.restore(BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.java:382)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.<init>(BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.java:113)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSELifeCycle.init(BPELSELifeCycle.java:133)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentFramework.initializeComponent(ComponentFramework.java:1213)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentFramework.startComponent(ComponentFramework.java:1799)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentLifeCycle.start(ComponentLifeCycle.java:162)
                                     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                                     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:93)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:27)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:208)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:120)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:262)
                                     at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:391)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:178)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.management.facade.Facade.invokeRemoteVoidOperation(Facade.java:244)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.management.facade.ComponentLifeCycle.startComponentOnInstance(ComponentLifeCycle.java:472)
                                     at com.sun.jbi.management.facade.ComponentLifeCycle.start(ComponentLifeCycle.java:102)
                                     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:93)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:27)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:208)
                                     at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.interceptor.DynamicInterceptor.invoke(DynamicInterceptor.java:178)
                                     at com.sun.esb.management.base.services.AbstractServiceMBeansImpl.invokeMBeanOperation(AbstractServiceMBeansImpl.java:498)
                                     at com.sun.esb.management.base.services.AbstractServiceMBeansImpl.invokeMBeanOperation(AbstractServiceMBeansImpl.java:639)
                                     at com.sun.esb.management.impl.runtime.RuntimeManagementServiceMBeanImpl.startComponent(RuntimeManagementServiceMBeanImpl.java:660)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.admin.jmx.remote.server.callers.InvokeCaller.call(InvokeCaller.java:69)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.admin.jmx.remote.server.MBeanServerRequestHandler.handle(MBeanServerRequestHandler.java:155)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.admin.jmx.remote.server.servlet.RemoteJmxConnectorServlet.processRequest(RemoteJmxConnectorServlet.java:122)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.admin.jmx.remote.server.servlet.RemoteJmxConnectorServlet.doPost(RemoteJmxConnectorServlet.java:193)
                                     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:738)
                                     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:317)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:198)
                                     at org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:196)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:198)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:288)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:271)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:202)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:94)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:206)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:632)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:577)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:150)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:571)
                                     at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1080)
                                     at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:272)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(DefaultProcessorTask.java:637)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(DefaultProcessorTask.java:568)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process(DefaultProcessorTask.java:813)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTask(DefaultReadTask.java:341)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:263)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadTask.java:214)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:265)
                                     at com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.WorkerThreadImpl.run(WorkerThreadImpl.java:116)
                                |#]
                                • 28. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                                  Mei,

I also see this one a number of times:

[#|2008-10-14T15:36:58.089-0500|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|com.sun.jbi.framework|_ThreadID=25;_ThreadName=sun-bpel-engine;_RequestID=5edfbb55-b0d9-4b4d-81fb-fcf6b748227e;|JBIFW1135 Engine sun-bpel-engine cannot be initialized. The LifeCycle init() method threw a java.lang.LinkageError exception. The exception message is: loader (instance of  com/sun/jbi/framework/CustomClassLoader): attempted  duplicate class definition for name: "com/sun/jbi/common/qos/config/ConfigPersistence"
                                  java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of com/sun/jbi/framework/CustomClassLoader): attempted duplicate class definition for name: "com/sun/jbi/common/qos/config/ConfigPersistence"
                                       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
                                       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
                                       at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
                                       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
                                       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
                                       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
                                       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                                       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.CustomClassLoader.loadClass(CustomClassLoader.java:239)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.CustomClassLoader.loadClass(CustomClassLoader.java:133)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.DelegatingClassLoader.findClass(DelegatingClassLoader.java:249)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.DelegatingClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingClassLoader.java:191)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.DelegatingClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingClassLoader.java:117)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.CustomClassLoader.loadClass(CustomClassLoader.java:220)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.CustomClassLoader.loadClass(CustomClassLoader.java:133)
                                       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.restore(BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.java:382)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.<init>(BPELSERuntimeConfiguration.java:113)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.engine.bpel.BPELSELifeCycle.init(BPELSELifeCycle.java:133)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentFramework.initializeComponent(ComponentFramework.java:1213)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentFramework.startComponent(ComponentFramework.java:1799)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentFramework.startComponent(ComponentFramework.java:1757)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.ComponentOperation.process(ComponentOperation.java:233)
                                       at com.sun.jbi.framework.Operation.run(Operation.java:104)
                                       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
                                  |#]
                                  • 29. Re: Worklist Manager SE
                                    Mei,

for what it's worth, this exception appears also:

[#|2008-10-14T15:36:50.848-0500|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=12;_ThreadName=pool-1-thread-3;_RequestID=79a322f7-889e-4caa-8768-f4f42f960e05;|Cannot load Log4J configuration. Skipping logging initialization
                                    org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException: line 76, column 7 of oxf:/config/log4j.xml: Fatal error: The element type "log4j:configuration" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</log4j:configuration>".
                                    oxf:/config/log4j.xml, line 76, column 7: Fatal error: The element type "log4j:configuration" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</log4j:configuration>".
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.xml.XMLUtils$ErrorHandler.fatalError(XMLUtils.java:229)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:178)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:351)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:281)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1459)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:653)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1646)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:324)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:845)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:768)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:108)
                                         at orbeon.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1201)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.xml.XMLUtils.inputSourceToSAX(XMLUtils.java:273)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.xml.XMLUtils.inputStreamToSAX(XMLUtils.java:258)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.resources.ResourceManagerBase.getContentAsSAX(ResourceManagerBase.java:134)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.resources.PriorityResourceManagerImpl$4.run(PriorityResourceManagerImpl.java:122)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.resources.PriorityResourceManagerImpl.delegate(PriorityResourceManagerImpl.java:271)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.resources.PriorityResourceManagerImpl.getContentAsSAX(PriorityResourceManagerImpl.java:120)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.generator.URLGenerator$OXFResourceHandler.readXML(URLGenerator.java:656)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.generator.URLGenerator$1.readImpl(URLGenerator.java:403)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$7.read(ProcessorImpl.java:1030)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$ProcessorOutputImpl.read(ProcessorImpl.java:1213)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readInputAsSAX(ProcessorImpl.java:348)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readInputAsDOM4J(ProcessorImpl.java:403)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$4.read(ProcessorImpl.java:437)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readCacheInputAsObject(ProcessorImpl.java:488)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readCacheInputAsDOM4J(ProcessorImpl.java:435)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.DOMSerializer.start(DOMSerializer.java:47)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.util.LoggerFactory.initLogger(LoggerFactory.java:72)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.webapp.WebAppContext.<init>(WebAppContext.java:107)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.webapp.WebAppContext.instance(WebAppContext.java:71)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.servlet.OPSServletDelegate.init(OPSServletDelegate.java:72)
                                         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:254)
                                         at org.orbeon.oxf.servlet.OPSServlet.init(OPSServlet.java:60)
                                         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:254)
                                         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1178)
                                         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1007)
                                         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4808)
                                         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5196)
                                         at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:326)
                                         at com.sun.enterprise.web.LifecycleStarter.doRun(LifecycleStarter.java:58)
                                         at com.sun.appserv.management.util.misc.RunnableBase.runSync(RunnableBase.java:304)
                                         at com.sun.appserv.management.util.misc.RunnableBase.run(RunnableBase.java:341)
                                         at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
                                         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
                                         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
                                         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
                                         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
                                         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
                                    |#]