1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 4, 2008 6:10 PM by 843830 RSS

Calling BO(Business Objects API ) from my J2EE Application

We have an application which contains a module that handles
      User Creation and Maintenance.
      Right now we have New and Authorize screens.
      Basically these users can access reports in BO.
      But this user creation in BO(Bussiness Objects) is done manually in BO.
      Now I need to automate this user creation in BO from my UserMaintenance Module.
      BO has exposed an API thru which we can call functions to create an User in BO.
      My problem is where to call this API from ?We call a stored procedure for authorizing a new user in UserMaintenace Module.
      We use Struts Framework.
      Action class--->ServiceClass-----> DAOClass
      In this DAO class we call this stored procedure to authorize the user creation.
      My question is where to call this API from .
      That is ,it should be called from DAO or ACtion class or Service class.
      How to call an external API and what are the issues that are generally involved in calling an external API.
      Fortunately both my weblogic and BO servers reside on the same unix server.
      While calling an API should I have to take care about Portnumbers,external machine location i.e host address,
      How to handle database connection.

Can someone throw an answer to these questions.
      Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Calling BO(Business Objects API ) from my J2EE Application
          As I understand, your user management is through database, so when a user is created in your application, the parameters pass through the Action Handler -> service class-> DAO. So a better way would be write an additional class with the user management implementation of BO with a constructor or a method which would take the required user creation parameters and call it in the service class just under the user creation method of your DAO.

As the user in your system passes some information from the front end, the same can be used to create user in BO.