2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2008 2:53 PM by 843830 RSS

Listening to external WS from the process

Hi
      How can I listener to external web service?
      My goal is to know if the WS call this current process (as bepel in openESB).
      I start to do it by putting another Receive component in the process. Is it the best way?
      I got this error: The Receive activity 'Receive' does not use correlation set.
      How to set correlation?
      Thank's and have a nice day,
      Yael
        • 1. Re: Listening to external WS from the process
          Hi Yael,

I noticed in a previous post of yours that you were using WebSphere Integration Developer - is that still the case with this issue ?

This forum is primarily for OpenESB / GlassFishESB and JavaCAPS6

Unlike WID, they (the first two) are free to download and evaluate and the support within the community is readily available.

....I'm sure you'd get help with this particular problem if it was using one of the above.

Mark

• 2. Re: Listening to external WS from the process
            I'm not sure I understand the first part of your question. Do you want to place some sort of interceptor between a WS client and the BPEL engine that receives requests from that client (via a binding component)? If so, there are various ways to do this, depending on the protocol used, and your purposes in using such an interceptor (debugging or application function?)

As for the error you got: your process would appear to need correlation sets, and simply adding a <receive> activity breaks the correlation rules of WS-BPEL. The problem arises from the fact that you can have multiple instances of the same process running at once. A <receive> activity needs to be able to figure out which instance an incoming message belongs to. The is called correlation: some piece (or pieces) of the incoming message must uniquely match a correlation key (or keys) for a running process instance.

For more information see the WS-BPEL 2.0 Primer, at [http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/Primer/wsbpel-v2.0-Primer.pdf|http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/Primer/wsbpel-v2.0-Primer.pdf] .