1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2010 4:30 PM by 843833 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Problem accessing PetStore app
        Hy,
        I've also experienced same problems and i have resolved going to petstoreApp.home and typing "ant setup and ant run" from command line.
        Unfortunately i have another problem now, when the Petstore app run:
        the page index.html is correctly visualized instead index.jsp and the other pages generate the error
        TopLink, version: Oracle TopLink Essentials - 9.1 (Build b33e-beta)
        Server: unknown
        java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                at com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40.Jdbc40ObjectsFactory.detectJDBC30Connection(Jdbc40ObjectsFactory.java:72)
                at com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40.Jdbc40ObjectsFactory.getConnection(Jdbc40ObjectsFactory.java:35)
                at com.sun.gjc.spi.ManagedConnection.getConnection(ManagedConnection.java:322)
                at com.sun.enterprise.resource.LocalTxConnectorAllocator.fillInResourceObjects(LocalTxConnectorAllocator.java:86)
        Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.isWrapperFor(Ljava/lang/Class;)Z
                ... 78 more
        ApplicationDispatcher[/petstore] PWC1231: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
        java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.getClientInfo()Ljava/util/Properties;
        Now I'm looking for the solution to this error..
        • 16. Re: Problem accessing PetStore app
          If you are using Netbeans, follow these instructions.
          https://blueprints.dev.java.net/petstore/usingnetbeans.html

Particularly for those who get the error: NameNotFoundException: PetstoreDB not found, follow the last small item on step 8 which reads:
          "expand the setup folder, right-click setup.xml, and choose Run Target > setup. The values you specified above are used to set up the environment"
          If you are setting up from commandline, there is a similar step using ant.

This is the step to create the initial tables. If you can run these setup scripts without any error, then most likely your problems will be resolved.
          • 17. Re: Problem accessing PetStore app
            Thank you sir! It had helped a lot.
            • 18. Re: Problem accessing PetStore app
              Hi,

I've got the same issues, but finally I've fixed all of them:
              http://sorincalex.blogspot.com/2010/09/making-java-petstore-work.html

Greetings,
              Sorin
              1 2 Previous Next