This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2009 3:59 AM by 843833 RSS

Complete Instructions on how to Build GlassFish V2

843833 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I have GlassFish V2ur2 integrated into NetBeans 6.5 under Windows Vista. The instructios refer to V2ur1 version, but no problem at this point. My question is where do I create the workspace directory?

By the other hand, my installer home is not C:\Sun\Application Server instead C:\Program Files\galssfish-v2ur2 that is the default while the installation.

The instructions I meaning are in https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/BuildGlassFish.html#Branch.

I have posted other question about what is before, BluePrints installation or javaee5-samples-*.jar. It is not necesary to install BluePrints. Following the instructions you will get a directory samples and inside of it you can depoly the samples.

Comeing back to my question. The problem is that if you create de workspace directory into a wrong directory you will can not execute the step 4.- maven configure-runtime because it need some files that are in the installer home in the directory C:\Program Files\glassfish-v2ur2\lib\install\templates. So it make me guess that if in fact is necesry all of this.

Any idea?

Regards,
Jose Alvarez de Lara