2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2008 6:52 PM by 843833 RSS

Deployment failed. Building failed

800470 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi
Am using SunJava application server 9.
Glass fish v2
netbean 6

While executing my jsp file am getting deployment error .Building failed. and also further error given below

Deployment error:
The Sun Java System Application Server could not start.
More information about the cause is in the Server log file.
Possible reasons include:
- IDE timeout: refresh the server node to see if it's running now.
- Port conflicts. (use netstat -a to detect possible port numbers already used by the operating system.)
- Incorrect server configuration (domain.xml to be corrected manually)
- Corrupted Deployed Applications preventing the server to start.(This can be seen in the server.log file. In this case, domain.xml needs to be modified).
- Invalid installation location.
See the server log for details.
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:163)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.ant.Deploy.execute(Deploy.java:104)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor256.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.bridge.impl.BridgeImpl.run(BridgeImpl.java:277)
at org.apache.tools.ant.module.run.TargetExecutor.run(TargetExecutor.java:460)
at org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:151)
Caused by: org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerException: The Sun Java System Application Server could not start.
More information about the cause is in the Server log file.
Possible reasons include:
- IDE timeout: refresh the server node to see if it's running now.
- Port conflicts. (use netstat -a to detect possible port numbers already used by the operating system.)
- Incorrect server configuration (domain.xml to be corrected manually)
- Corrupted Deployed Applications preventing the server to start.(This can be seen in the server.log file. In this case, domain.xml needs to be modified).
- Invalid installation location.
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance._start(ServerInstance.java:1270)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.startTarget(ServerInstance.java:1224)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.startTarget(ServerInstance.java:1035)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.ServerInstance.start(ServerInstance.java:912)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.impl.TargetServer.startTargets(TargetServer.java:417)
at org.netbeans.modules.j2ee.deployment.devmodules.api.Deployment.deploy(Deployment.java:140)
... 16 more
BUILD FAILED (total time: 15 seconds)
  • 1. Re: Deployment failed. Building failed
    843833 Newbie
    Hi, which platform you are using, There are lot of possibilities however if you are on linux or solaris, it could be possible that the server instance is already running.

so according to your platform find out if there is any port conflict. or simply go to

http://localhost:8080

if you can see anything here, means that the server is running, stop it and try again.

Let me know which platform you are using. And I'll see if I can be of any further help

regards

Salman
  • 2. Re: Deployment failed. Building failed
    843833 Newbie
    hi there, i have the same problem with the one you answered..my platform is windows xp. i have already did the http://localhost:8080 thing..after executing it, i dont see anything in the browser so it means that there is no server running in my computer..can u provide any other help..thank u

Edited by: don_guban on Aug 31, 2008 6:51 PM