1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 24, 2008 7:57 AM by 843833 RSS

Unable to fire AJAX Progressbar component

I'm developing with Eclipse and working with a JDK1.5 JSF web application using tomcat 5.5. I'd like to implement the AJAX Progressbar using the 'phaselistener' approach so that we can asynchronously execute a method in a managed bean that launches a 'long running operation' and provide the user with progressbar feedback while preventing the .jsp from timing out. I added the following AJAX tag to my jsp:

<ui:progressBar id="progressBar" interval="1000" onComplete="progressComplete"
      startOperation="#{myBackingBeanForm.processMethod}"
      percentage="#{myBackingBeanForm.currentIndex}" style="width: 400px"/>

Additionally, I added the taglib line to the top of my .jsp:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/blueprints/ui/14" prefix="ui" %>     

I have a <h:commandButton that when clicked calls a javascript function
      doProgBar() that includes the following command:

document.forms['myJSPform:progressBar'].click();

I used the .click() method since I didn't know what else to try. I had hoped this command would launch the AJAX Progressbar hence triggering the break point that I had set in my managed bean method (myBackingBeanForm.processMethod), however the break point never gets tripped thus my long running operation never gets called. The progressBar appears after the page is first rendered, but it just sits at 67%, nothing else happens.

I have two questions:

1) How do I fire the AJAX progressbar whose id="progressBar". I've haven't found any examples for the AJAX progressbar that gives me any clue.

2) Are there other configuration steps that I'm missing??? After reading the docs at the Java BluePrints 'How to Use the Progress Bar Component' the only thing I thought necessary was to download the 'bp-ui-14.jar' and move it to my app's lib folder.

I would be very grateful for any advice the experts could offer.

Thank you...