This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2011 12:46 PM by 864479 RSS

Pet Store: Cannot find bp-project/main.xml

843833 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
In the instal document (C:\blueprints\instal.html) there is a link to UserREADME.html. However, after downloading the blueprints again I have searched all folders but cannot find UserREADME.html. Does anyone know what is in this document or where it can be found?

I think missing out these set instructions is the reason for the following error when I build the Pet Store:

"C:blueprints\petstore\bp-project.xml:31: Cannot find bp-project/main.xml imported from C:\blueprints\petstore\bp-project.xml"

Do you know what the set up instructions are or where I can find them?

Best regards,

Mike
  • 1. Re: Pet Store: Cannot find bp-project/main.xml
    843833 Newbie
    Hi,

the instructions to get petstore installed are at javapetstore-2.0-ea5\index.html so the file is called index.html and not README.

hope that helps,
    Sean
  • 2. Re: Pet Store: Cannot find bp-project/main.xml
    843833 Newbie
    Thanks for responding to my query Sean.

Is there anywhere on the web I can see the contents of javapetstore-2.0-ea5\index.html?

When extracting java_ee_sdk-5_03-blueprints.zip I did not get a javapetstore-2.0-ea5\index.html. There are a number of index.html files in this zip file but none which give any instructions that need to be carried out before building the Pet Store application.

Looking for javapetstore-2.0-ea5\index.html, I also extracted javapetstore-2.0-ea5-installer.jar which just resulted in the following files being extracted:

petstore.class
    directory META-INF containing MANIFEST.MF

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?
  • 3. Re: Pet Store: Cannot find bp-project/main.xml
    864479 Newbie
    I had this error after checking out from subversion at https://svn.java.net/svn/petstore~svn/trunk/ws/apps/petstore
    It appeared that i was missing the bp_project
    I checked out the entire trunk (https://svn.java.net/svn/petstore~svn/trunk).
    Afterwards the bp_project was present and i could build.

jan