This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2010 7:34 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Sprite Sheet Maker - A tool supports 2D game developers

843853 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everybody,
A few days ago, I had a problem with sprite sheet. I had all necessary images, the only thing I must do is combining them into one image (which called sprite sheet). After one day finding and trying those Sprite Sheet Creators from Internet, I found out all of them worked like craps. I wonder why a simple tool like that but no one developed it properly, then I decided to develop it myself. Basic functions is easy, but the UI took me much time than I expected (Note: I'm Android developer and not used to J2SE's stuffs). Ok, when developing, I thought such a waste if only me using it, so I make an Opera blog and upload my app to it for sharing.
Here it's my Opera blog, feel free to download and post my app anywhere in the world. Comment is also allowed, it'll encourage me to continue developing free tool for everybody.
And I don't know this post is at right place? I just want to share my tool ^_^
[Anh Tuan's BLOG|http://my.opera.com/at198x/blog/sprite-sheet-maker]

Edited by: anhtuan198x on Jul 5, 2010 5:02 AM
  • 1. Re: Sprite Sheet Maker - A tool supports 2D game developers
    gimbal2 Guru
    generally it is not allowed to post advertisements on this forum. But I don't see anything wrong here, I'm pretty sure this thread will be allowed to survive.

I would post some screenshots of the tool at least on your blog; I'm not inclined to download a tool on blind faith alone.
  • 2. Re: Sprite Sheet Maker - A tool supports 2D game developers
    843853 Newbie
    Thank gimbal2 to your suggestion.
    I don't think this is advertisement. My tool is free and I just want to share it to help game developers like me.
    Ok, I admit I also like the idea that many people use my tool. But that is normal, we developers always want people to know about our application, do you think so (^_^)

PS: Version 1.0 finished. "Animation" feature and "Arranging the order of input images" feature have been included.
    I also post some screenshots on my blog (gimbal2's advice).
  • 3. Re: Sprite Sheet Maker - A tool supports 2D game developers
    gimbal2 Guru
    advertisements don't have to be for commercial products.

The fact of the matter is that this is a forum for discussing and answering java related programming problems, not to post links to things you have made. The mods already try hard to keep the place clean of spam and abuse, lets help them out as much as we can.