1 2 3 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2009 6:42 AM by 843853 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
        This is something we wanted to add to JGF (JBanes has already quoted the URL : http://grexengine.com/sections/externalgames/ ) but very very few java games developers could be bothered / were willing to include their details.

You seem to be having better luck with this! It would be great if we could put your data on JGF - partly because everything is auto-generated from XML source, and so each person who submits their game project(s) to JGF would have them auto linked to/from the author page.

(FYI: anyone can submit a java game to JGF; only requirements are that it's free / free demo, is playable, cross platform, and works - doesn't need to be complete, just as long as it's playable)
        • 16. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
          well if your submission requirements didn't take so much work I/we might submit. As for me, unless I get bored I don't think I'll take the time to submit.
          • 17. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
            Name: Liam O'Flannagain
            Nick: Thordon
            Job: Student
            Spent hours daily in projects (more or less): 2-8
            email: 02027224@itb.ie
            homepage: None
            Current project/game: Turn based RPG game (un-named atm)
            Other project/game: Just some college projects, im fairly new to programming games as a hobby, most of the stuff I am doing is done to learn concepts/API's
            • 18. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
              Name: Ahmed Al-Hindawi
              Nick: Digiwired/DarkProphet
              Spent hours daily in projects (more or less): daily, 5 - 6, on an entire project, 120
              email: thats for me to know, and for you to find out!
              homepage: http://www.volatile7.tk
              Current project/game: XVII, thats the current name anyway
              Other project/game: VolatileZapper, VolatileZapper 2: Return of the Mutants, Dr. Freakazoid, to mention a few.

Man, being 17 sux, i have one less year to live!
              • 19. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                Oh man...that is a very big problem... Am I the oldest guy in this forum? I am 28 years old... and I know what are u talking about... I almost have no time to do the things I would like to do...as I said before, if I have luck I can spend 2 hrs daily in my own projects...

ok,ok that�s life...
                • 20. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                  Name: Rasael Bervini
                  Nick: Psicho (here RBervini)
                  Spent hours daily in projects (more or less): +/- 3-4
                  email: info@djpsicho.ch
                  homepage:www.djpsicho.ch
                  Current project/game:TCT (Tourist Camping Tycoon) http://www.sourceforge.net/tct/ www.djpsicho.ch/tct
                  • 21. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                    well if your submission requirements didn't take so
                    much work I/we might submit. As for me, unless I get
                    bored I don't think I'll take the time to submit.
                    Huh? Asking that the game works and is playable is "so much work"? Do you not want people to play your game? (confused).
                    • 22. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                      the compiling of all the information as well as making the enticing image for you with your desired dimensions. Maybe when I get some other stuff done I'll get someone else to make the image for me. Untill then I'll hold off.
                      • 23. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                        Name:Jeff
                        Nick:Daedalus/JBoeing
                        Job:Java Software Developer
                        Spent hours daily in projects (more or less):0-2 (I feel you pain, luisoft... little time to work on them)
                        email:jboeing@calpoly.edu
                        homepage:nada
                        Current project/game:Generic tile-based strategy framework (eventually to make Roborally, Hero Clicks, or Star Wars:Epic Duels)
                        Other project/game:random small stuff (Set, Risk, apps for friends), ideas for an RPG

Leaned alot from the people here, especially discussions between Abuse and Malohkan. Thanks!
                        • 24. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                          name: Jeremy Vargo
                          nick: Rambo
                          job: movie theatre--its ok for now for the extra $$$ and save for car/college
                          time: varies on when i work, practice track/cross country, and other stuff
                          email: theerambo@tmail.com
                          homepage: none
                          current project: 3D action fantasy medieval fighter
                          I am trying to work on my game as a sort of challenge to see what I can do since I have only my senior year of high school to go before going to college. That leaves me with about 1 year before I will hopefully attend Full Sail and become an official game programmer. Life will be even more fun after that cause I'll get the best of both worlds programming and video games. I cant wait.
                          • 25. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                            Name: Jon Baumann
                            Nick: Snarky/TheSnarky1
                            Job: Full Time Student
                            Spent hours daily in projects (more or less): Between 1 and 5, depending on work
                            email: Jon@Baumannfamily.com
                            homepage: none at the moment
                            Current project/game: SWRPG (the Skinny White Role Playing Game)
                            Other project/game:quiz program for my former english teachers
                            • 26. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                              Name: Terje Olsen
                              Nick: The Addictman
                              Job: Student. Last year Master comp.sci
                              email: terjebo@hotmail.com
                              homepage: N/A
                              Current project/game: "oldschool" RPG (ala Eye of the Beholder, early Might&Magic),
                              using D20 system.

Other project/game: Generic map maker, Advanced Mudclient, Protocol and implementation
                              of an ingenious filetransfer protocol ;) (never got to finish it though..)
                              • 27. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                                Name: Matt Schott
                                Nick: Ryltar
                                Job: School/Web Programmer
                                Spent hours daily in projects (more or less): 8-24
                                email: dinohunter3858@hotmail.com
                                homepage: searching for a new one...
                                Current project/game: Old Fashion RPG like the early FF or (art depending) Golden Sun
                                Other project/game: N/A
                                • 28. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                                  Name: It's secret some smart asses from my country could have objections
                                  Raghar
                                  Job: unemployed.
                                  Spent hours daily in projects (more or less): 2
                                  email: Too much spam in email, so they are off line now.
                                  homepage: in status desole.
                                  Current project/game:
                                  2D roller that would be likely to create a few lawsuits against me.
                                  Space strategy.
                                  Roguelike graphic engine in 3D //You could look at one picture at http://volny.cz/sscom
                                  Compression program.
                                  Game library.

Computer generated maps //Results from few first days are at the above Inet address.
                                  Book about programming.
                                  • 29. Re: Tell me about yourself and projects
                                    Name: Agency9 - company name, independent developer (my name is Khashayar Farmanbar)
                                    Nick: agency9
                                    Age: 27 (average age of us working at Agency9 :-) )
                                    Job: CEO of Agency9
                                    Spent hours daily in projects (more or less): 8 hours/person
                                    email: farmanbar@agency9.se
                                    homepage: http://www.agency9.se
                                    Current project/game:
                                    * AgentFX 2 Platform - Powerfull 3D-engine for games and applications using OpenGL API - http://www.agency9.se/agentfx/
                                    * AgentAE - Surround Audio engine using OpenAL API - http://www.agency9.se/agentae/
                                    * MegacorpsOnline - Multiplayer First Person Shooter featuring real-time shadows, bumpmaps, dynamic lighting etc. - http://www.megacorpsonline.com

Other project/game:
                                    PowerlaneDemo - simple driving demo - http://www.agency9.se/games/