4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 8:44 PM by JeffJon

FDM Mapping Error

user10940595
      Gurus!,

I get this error at times when traversing through the pages of an FDM map dimension.

Usually this is explained aways as some sql / xml special char in the member name (source or target) .... but there have been occasions when I am able to traverse the pages. The character in question is and "&" in the underlying member names .....
      Further to this ... the first page (which also contains the said special character) is displayed both in source as well as target without any issues.

[
      One of the other errors that I have noticed is ....
      ERROR:
      Code............................................. 10402
      Description...................................... Essbase API Procedure: [EsbSetActive] Threw code: 1051030 - 1051030 - [Thu Oct 14 10:57:49 2010]USNSDB02EX///admin/Error(1051030)
      ]

************************** FIRST ERROR **************************
      Exception Details: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 103.
      Stack Trace: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityReference()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
      at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.ProcessGridUpdates()
      at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityReference()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
      at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.ProcessGridUpdates()
      at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thanks for your inputs .....
        • 1. Re: FDM Mapping Error
          WPaffhausen
          Hello,

The 'Error Parsing EntityName' is because you have invalid characters in your mapping. Most likely because a user imported the trial balance into the maps screen. The invalid characters break the parsing of the webpages and cause the ASP.Net error received.

I would suggest you review the Knowledge base for many solutions to remove the invalid characters; and then apply training to your end users.

Thank you,
          • 2. Re: FDM Mapping Error
            user10940595
            Were it an error due to an invalid charater in the mapping the error would be consistent.
            Like I mentioned in my post .... usually this happens when I go to the next page.
            I have also had instances when this happens on the first page .... so the invalid character theory does not hold water .... are there any other suggestions out there ?
            • 3. Re: FDM Mapping Error
              WPaffhausen
              Hello,

Actually my theory does hold water. 5 years in FDM Support for Oracle tells me so. :)

The invalid character is somewhere on the grid screen that you are "stepping" off of. It is the only way you would receive the "Error Parsing EntityName at ..."

Thank you,
              • 4. Re: FDM Mapping Error
                JeffJon
                Wayne is 100% correct. The only thing that will return that error is an invalid character in the mapping table for that Dimension/location. You will want to check the tdatamap database table and remove any entires that contain invalid characters such as &,@, ' , etc.