7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2003 5:01 PM by 843834

Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP

Hi

I need to create a xml fil using dom parser.

I want to know where do i have to save the dom.jar file

in WSDP.

I have save my java class in

C:\WORK\jwsdp-1_0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes

Directory

IS that Just adding the jar file is enough to enviourment variable?

My os is windows2000

Thanks for your advice and happy new year
        • 1. Re: Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP
          Copy it to the directory $JWSDP_HOME/common/lib
          • 2. Re: Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP
            I copied to common/lib and common/endorsed still giving this error when i go to directory and try to compile.

I save my java class jwsdp-1_0/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes

import org.w3c.dom.*;
            ^
            MetaBuilder.java:4: cannot resolve symbol
            symbol : class DocumentImpl
            import org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl;
            ^
            MetaBuilder.java:5: cannot resolve symbol
            symbol : class DOMImplementationImpl
            import org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationI
            ^
            MetaBuilder.java:6: cannot resolve symbol
            symbol : class Document
            import org.w3c.dom.Document;
            ^
            MetaBuilder.java:7: cannot resolve symbol
            symbol : class OutputFormat
            import org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat;
            ^
            MetaBuilder.java:8: cannot resolve symbol
            symbol : class Serializer
            import org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer;
            ^
            MetaBuilder.java:9: cannot resolve symbol

• 3. Re: Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP
              I think you have problem with the classpath.

If you want to manually compile your java files, you have to set the variable CLASSPATH to point to those libraries. I'd like to use ant tool to do this job. It's especially helpful when building a large project. Let's take a look into jwsdp examples.

If you are using some IDE (e.g. JBuilder), then you may add those libs into your project before compiling.
              • 4. Re: Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP
                I think you have problem with the classpath.

If you want to manually compile your java files, you have to set the variable CLASSPATH to point to those libraries. I'd like to use ant tool to do this job. It's especially helpful when building a large project. Let's take a look into jwsdp examples.

If you are using some IDE (e.g. JBuilder), then you may add those libs into your project before compiling.
                • 5. Re: Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP
                  When i run a java class which refer jdom and create xml
                  it run sucessfully and create the xml file.JWSDP refer jdom successfully

But When i do that using a servlet following exception comes

Is that some problem with catelina
                  after installing jwsdp C:\WORK\jwsdp-1_0\common\classes
                  classes folder is empty

Is it some problem with catelina?.

These are the exception

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.What shall i do for this

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path /servlet/ShowSkeleton
                       at org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:420)
                       at org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doPost(InvokerServlet.java:216)
                       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
                       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:646)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:483)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:646)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2349)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
                       at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:644)
                       at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:171)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:644)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
                       at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:469)
                       at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
                       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
                       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:376)
                       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
                       at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:518)
                       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/input/DOMBuilder
                       at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
                       at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1576)
                       at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1748)
                       at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:266)
                       at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:249)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:887)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:656)
                       at org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:401)
                       at org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doPost(InvokerServlet.java:216)
                       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
                       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2349)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
                       at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
                       at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:171)
                       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
                       at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:469)
                       at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
                       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
                       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:376)
                       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
                       at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:518)
                       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

• 6. Re: Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP
                    Problem solved problem was that when i run in jbuilder my programm creates and read xml files properly when i try to run in jwsdp it gives exception.There are two implementation of parsers when i use
                    import org.jdom.*;
                    import org.jdom.input.*;
                    import org.jdom.output.*;

This works only in jbuilder not in jwsdp.I use the same parser i don't know why when use this implementation my programm works sucessfully

import org.w3c.dom.*;
                    import org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl;
                    import org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMImplementationImpl;
                    import org.w3c.dom.Document;
                    import org.apache.xml.serialize.OutputFormat;
                    import org.apache.xml.serialize.Serializer;
                    import org.apache.xml.serialize.SerializerFactory;
                    import org.apache.xml.serialize.XMLSerializer;

Thanks for all the guys who helped me.

• 7. Re: Where shall i save the dom.jar file in WSDP
                      This helped me you can use the same thing here is the code

DocumentBuilder documentBuilder = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
                      doc = documentBuilder.parse(file);

Element rootElement = doc.getDocumentElement();
                      NodeList nodeListRules = rootElement.getElementsByTagName("Tagname");
                      for(int i=0;i<nodeListRules.getLength();i++){
                      p2.println(nodeListRules.item(i).getFirstChild().getNodeValue());