6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2007 5:59 AM by 807597 RSS

help! Eclipse can't debug.

hi, everybody.
      I can run my application program in the Eclipse 3.2, but when I debug the application, a popup window tell me "Cannot connect to VM". The massages on the console is as below:

FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113)
      ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_LOAD(509) ["debugInit.c",L476]
      JDWP exit error JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113): No transports initialized

btw: jdk used is j2sdk1.5.0, I have set the environment variable of JAVA_HOME and PATH .

if you know how to solve this problem, pls tell me. thanks a lot.
        • 1. Re: help! Eclipse can't debug.
          hmm, not sure, but go grab the latest version of Eclipse version 3.x
          • 2. Re: help! Eclipse can't debug.
            Hi,

I am getting exactly the same error. Were you able to resolve this?

Can anybody throw some light here?

!Thanks

Message was edited by:
            sacrh
            • 3. Re: help! Eclipse can't debug.
              Please check if a Firewall is running and blocking access to JVM.
              In my case Norton Personal Firewall was blocking javaw and disabling that service (you should be instead able to add it to exclusion list) let eclipse debugger run normally. Though it is pretty weird that it blocked a connection from localhost to localhost.
              • 4. Re: help! Eclipse can't debug.
                Hi to all,

I'm having the same problem, on a linux box (2.6.20-1.2925.fc6 #1 SMP). Your suggestion about the filrewall didn't work. I turned both the firewall and the SELinux services off and I still receive the same message when I try to debug a plug-in. By the way, the messages are:

FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113)
                ERROR: transport error 202: gethostbyname: unknown host ["transport.c",L41]
                ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510) ["debugInit.c",L500]
                JDWP exit error JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113): No transports initialized

Any help is really appreciated.
                • 5. Re: help! Eclipse can't debug.
                  I always check the obvious first. Is your server up and running? Did your build.xml work? Are there path issues?
                  • 6. Re: help! Eclipse can't debug.
                    I solved the Problem with an "127.0.0.1 localhost" entry in my /etc/hosts file.

Hope it solve your Problem too.

Oliver