1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2007 9:12 AM by 807597 RSS

Well the forums are really boned now!

The DB is boned. Or something.

I have posted replies into multiple threads. Many of these replies are not appearing. The threads move to the top of the forum like they have been replied to but no reply is shown.

Refreshing sometimes some of these threads show that they do have replies. Sometimes not.

And which ones show to have replies and which one's don't keep changing.

There is something seriously awry here.

And the performance is beyond terrible. I might as well have a 33.6 modem to connect here for all the speed.
        • 1. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
          It's gone mad.
          • 2. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
            cotton.m wrote:

There is something seriously awry here.

And the performance is beyond terrible. I might as well have a 33.6 modem to connect here for all the speed.
            I bet there are some new "features" being added to improve the overall "user experience" of the forums...
            • 3. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
              Refreshing sometimes some of these threads show that they do have replies. Sometimes not.
              Happend to me to.
              The forum is not thread safe ;-)

Performance was worse for me yesterday.
              • 4. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                DarrylBurke
                And which ones show to have replies and which one's don't keep changing.
                Same for me, I thought Opera might be loading from cache, but it was the same after clearing the cache. Only just now I saw 10 responses on a thread I responded to hours ago, refreshed and got 14... mine was at #11. And I had to refresh 7-8 times just to view 2 responses on the CLDC/MIDP forum.

I'm hesitant to post any useful response to any questions as I really don't know whether the problem is already solved.

Looks like Sun has maximum job security... or maybe they can't afford a proper team. The entire lot deserve the sack.

db
                • 5. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                  DarrylBurke
                  Refreshing ...
                  [duplicate portion deleted]

db

edit While trying to post this I got
                  <h4>Server Error</h4>
                  This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

edit2 But it got posted anyhow, I see. And after posting what might be #15 on the earlier mentioned thread, I'm back to viewing 10 responses.

What kind of mess-up does that?

Darryl
                  • 6. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                    This forum is now out of order.

I posted a thread, sometime it appears and sometime it disappears.
                    In my original post
                    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5241978&tstart=15

CeciNest...and prometheuzz replied. He suggested to use something like
                    if(edgeSet.add(edge)) edgeList.add(edge);
                    and i left a thank message for them.
                    I saw 4 replies before, but now those replies are gone and only reply from CeciNest is left. I wonder whats happening.
                    • 7. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                      Well, I posted to a thread, and the post disappeared. Then I posted again, and now both posts are visible...

This in reply to cotton.m, not lupansansei.
                      • 8. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                        DarrylBurke
                        The forum listing shows the (hopefully) correct 7 responses, but I had to refresh twice to see beyond the 5th response.

Java 2D is showing no postings for the last 12 hrs whereas the same forum in "My Forums" shows a posting just 2� hrs back -- which can be accessed from "Multimedia and Imaging APIs".

Could there really be 62 users online? I'm outta here, shall check again in 2-3 hours.

db
                        • 9. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                          It honestly looks to me as if different web servers are connecting to totally different databases here.

Which seems odd.

Or the only alternative I can think is that the indexes for the database have become corrupted and it hands back different answers for the same query.

Which is also odd.

Either way not good.
                          • 10. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                            It honestly looks to me as if different web servers are connecting to totally different databases here.

Which seems odd.

Or the only alternative I can think is that the indexes for the database have become corrupted and it hands back different answers for the same query.

Which is also odd.

Either way not good.
                            • 11. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                              (Well no doubt this will end up being a triple post... )

Which seems odd.

Which is also odd.

Either way not good.
                              • 12. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                                ROFL!

Server Error.

Open new tab. No posts after Darryls.

try again.

Server error.

Refresh other tab. Still no posts.

try again.

Triple posted.

That's way too funny.
                                • 13. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                                  I also notice that the number of views changes dramatically along with the number of posts.

Is this in fact a broken DB cluster?

Anyway submitted feedback. Hope others are doing the same. Sun won't even notice otherwise.
                                  • 14. Re: Well the forums are really boned now!
                                    mlk
                                    cotton.m wrote:
                                    That would be my guess.
                                    That would be my guess.
                                    That would be my guess.
                                    (hopefully that will fool the forum software;)
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next