8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2006 9:54 AM by 843844 RSS

AVK- include JSP are not called

I'm using AVK 1.3, the dynamic test is not checking the included jsp's and the final result for the dynamic test always fail.
      Am I doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called
          No, you are not doing any thing wrong. It is a known issue in AVK 1.3.1. Included JSP pages are not reported as being called even though their parent JSPs get called. This bug has been fixed in AVK 1.4. It won't be fixed in AVK 1.3.1, so if you are interested for the fix, please use AVK 1.4. AVK 1.4 can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/j2ee/avk.
          AVK 1.4 can be used to test compliance to J2EE 1.3 as well, but to a limited extent. The static verification in AVK 1.4 has rules specific to J2EE 1.3. So, you can use AVK 1.4 for your work. In AVK 1.4.1, we have made significant development in this regard, and we have introduced a new feature called api scanning in static verification process. This feature support ranging from J2EE 1.2.1 to J2EE 1.4. Watch out for AVK 1.4.1 rel.

• 2. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called
            Thank's for the quick answer.

How about the Jsp Error Page since it's invoked only if an error occured.

• 3. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called
              If you are asking if the same bug exists for error page, then I don't think that is the case. error page uses forwarding mechanism as opposed to include mechanism.
              The behavior in AVK for error page is as follows...
              when a jsp that has an erropr page is called, both the parent jsp and the error page is marked as "called successfully" when an error occurs.
              Hope it answers your question.

• 4. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called
                Hi.. i'm having a similar issue with jsps using javke1.4.2 dynamic tests.
                Any include directive pages <%@include page="/mypage.jsp" %> are being reported as not called. Only the pages included using jsp:include are passing.
                The web.xml is using <!DOCTYPE web-app
                PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
                but it is being tested under 1.4.2.

Any help would be grand :)
                • 5. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called
                  There was a problem with AVK 1.4.2 when the absolute path is specified for the included JSPs. This has been taken care in AVK5.

Moreover, AVK5 has much more new featues. Please check http://java.sun.com/j2ee/avk/ for the new features added in AVK5.
                  • 6. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called
                    Using javke1.5 now...
                    Seems there may be a problem with the HttpServlet.getRequestDispatcher forward also?? when using a relative path.
                    as in :
                    request.getRequestDispatcher("/mylittlejsp.jsp").forward(request, response);
                    from a servlet..
                    This seems to fail Java AVK for the Enterprise - Web Component Coverage.
                    Resulting in a Not called.
                    request.getRequestDispatcher("mylittlejsp.jsp").forward(request, response);
                    seems to work...
                    can this be verified ? or am i doing something wrong ?
                    • 7. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called

I hope AVK5 has solved the issue you were facing with include directive i.e., <%@include page="/mypage.jsp" %>

The case you are now trying is the dynamic inclusion of a JSP file from a servlet. AVK has currently no way to check for dynamic inclusion.

• 8. Re: AVK- include JSP are not called
                        I quickly wrote a simple web application with a servlet including JSP in the similar fashion as yours. For me, the AVK reported 'Successfully Called' for 'Forwared.jsp' in both these cases:

request.getRequestDispatcher("/Forwarded.jsp").forward(request, response);
                        request.getRequestDispatcher("Forwarded.jsp").forward(request, response);

So, AVK does support this kind of scenarios. So, you should be able to verify your application.