This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
We had similar problems with Oracle 8.0.6 server running on XP Pro.
The Oracle service was fine and we were able to connect locally on the server (without the listener).
When we tried connecting from another machine on the network we got the message "No Listener".
The Listener service would appear to start but as soon as the first connection attempt was made the Listener service would stop.
We did not pursue it because I believe that only Oracle 9 is certified to be compatible with windows XP.
thanks for the reply...
What I did was switch to ADO and OLEDB for Oracle, works so very little change required.