We are using Oracle 184.108.40.206.0 with the thin client/JDBC Drivers 220.127.116.11.0.
There was another thread on this topic that had no real resolution, so I am going to give it another try. We have a servlet application that uploads and downloads files into Oracle IFS (blobs). Intermittently (usually under heavy load), we receive a combination of the following exceptions. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing these exceptions?:
1. java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Size Data Unit (SDU) mismatch
2. java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation
3. java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Bad packet type
4. java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Unexpected packet
I've got the same problem so i downloaded JDBC 18.104.22.168 But I've got error message again..
so i checked all Oracle drivers in my CLASSPATH and i saw 8i drivers there!!! I found then in /project-path/WEB-INF/lib/ dir in Tomcat (I running it under JBuilder 9) I think that's JBuilders problem 'cause after each compile they have to delete ALL files from lib dir and then place current project libs only!
I'm experiencing the same problem using Oracle 22.214.171.124, jdk1.4. I was seeing the same kinds of errors (Size Data Unit (SDU) mismatch, Protocol violation, Bad packet type, Unexpected packet) using classes12.jar. After a) reading this post and b) realizing that I was using the wrong driver (classes12.jar is only for jdk1.2 and 1.3), I upgraded to driver 126.96.36.199 (ojdbc14.jar).
After adding the new driver (I'm using the thin driver), my application is still stalling in the same place - when trying to read a clob (either at clob.length() or clob.getCharacterStream()). The only difference is that now, no exception is thrown.
I feel like I'm close - but what should have fixed it, is not. There is nothing in the CLASSPATH or anything like that pointing to the old driver. The fact that it used to throw an exception and now does not tells me that the new driver is being used.