0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2002 9:54 PM by 72821

Call stored procedure that has an input parameter that's a pl/sql table from OO4O

We use Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) to call stored procedures from our Visual Basic client applications. I have a need to basically build a cursor on the client and then pass it as a parameter to a stored procedure. The problem is that cursor parameters in OO4O are read only, so I can't use that approach. My second approach is to define an Oracle object. I then build a PL/SQL table of that object and then pass that as a parameter to a stored procedure. In theory that should work. I've written a stored procedure that accepts as input a PL/SQL table of object. In the client application, I'm able to build a PL/SQL table of object. However, when I call the stored procedure, I get a ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel error. I have been able to call a stored procedure and pass a parameter that's a PL/SQL table of a non-object like VARCHAR2.

So, the question is: Can I call a stored procedure that has an input parameter that's a PL/SQL table of object from OO4O?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks